suscom

Jul 7, 2007
Greetings,
My new-to-me 2004 KDX 220 needs some wider footpegs. The stock ones have my boots falling off the outsides of the pegs. Not good.
What brands would you suggest? An extra 1" - 2" in width would be great. I'm not so much concerned about additional front to back length, as I like to be able to pivot my feet, and adding front to back length can sometimes inhibit this.

suscom

reepicheep

Apr 3, 2009
Much wider and grippier though... The look identical to the IMS pegs that were on the KDX-220 a buddy bought. So identical in fact that I suspect some Chinese company just ripped off the design and made molds from it.

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
Considering most "brand name" products are spit out from the same China factories as the "rip off" versions I wouldn't be too concerned about what name was on them. As far as longer pegs I just don't understand that one at all, just how wie are your feet? You related to Fred Flintstone? Why not just get an old set cut to fit and have them welded to the stock pegs?

Rob84KDX200

Jan 31, 2004
Hey a question for those who have those d2moto.com Chinese footpegs. I've got a pair I'm trying to fit on my 96 model 200. Finding that the stock footpeg springs do not fit. What, where and how does one get a fitting set of springs to suit? Many thanks.

sr5bidder

Oct 27, 2008
I had to bend the end of the spring a bit if I recall and maybe wallow out the hole for the spring...really it was no big deal..

are they made in china?? i never had any sort of packaging with my sets

I think Patman is on the right train of thought about the brand name stuff

Rob84KDX200

Jan 31, 2004
I presume they're made in China. Bought these off eB@y, no packaging whatsoever. But they were shipped from China. I did manage to install the footpegs by straightening the end of the spring that goes into the peg. I'll post a pic of it when I get the chance.

Attachments

• IMG_0208.JPG
    IMG_0208.JPG
    27.6 KB · Views: 229
Last edited:

suscom

Jul 7, 2007
Can anyone tell me if the stock footpegs changed during any year on these bikes?
It seems that if all the stock 200 and 220 KDX footpegs were the same, there's alot of bikes that could make it financially profitable for an aftermarket supplier provide to wider ones.

Top Bottom