Sphinx

Oct 16, 2002
What kind of wide pegs do people like? I am trying to decide between the IMS Pro-Series and the Fastway F3 or F4? Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Joe P. 81

Nov 9, 2000
I had an IMS Pro Series peg break on my old bike. It was probably only the second or third time I had ridden with them and the right side peg snapped in half where the pin goes through. I'm probably one of the only people this has ever happened to, but I know I'll never use them again. I plan on buying the Fastway F3 pegs for my new bike. I've heard a lot of good things about them, plus they are really wide which helps a lot on hard hits. Good luck with your decision.

Joe

Moose95

Sponsoring Member
Mar 9, 2002
I run IMS Pro Series on my bike. I've used them for about six months and don't have one complaint about them. I was warned that the outter teeth would tear up my boots but haven't seen that happen yet. The KDX OEM pegs felt a bit narrow and from day one on the IMS I've noticed a major difference in comfort and control. Good luck and see ya' on the trails.

KiDX

Sponsoring Member
Mar 30, 2001
I've got a pair of IMS pegs on my KDX and over time they started to chew into the soles of my boots.

wy4tt

Oct 21, 2000
i've got the ims pro series too. love 'em. i think the boot chewing is more of an issue with the fastways....at least from what i've heard. that's the only complaint about them i've heard too.

Camstyn

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 3, 1999
I have the Fastway F4 lowboys, they're great. They don't have the threaded pins, instead they are just pressed in, with no threads. I haven't noticed any extra boot wear because of them. I haven't compared these to the IMS pegs, but I couldn't be happier. From what I've been told, the Fastway pegs have bigger platforms than anything else.

EK

Dec 3, 2000
I have used the IMS Pro Series and the Fastway lowboys. The Fastway lowboys are far superior in my book. Wider, better grip, more comfortable and you can run them at either std height or lowered (just mover the spacer top or bottom). I can't tell a difference on boot wear.

If you want the IMS pro series pegs (late model YZ or GasGas) I will be more than happy to sell them.

Eric K
'01 GasGas 300XC

ML536

Dec 1, 2001
Do wide pegs help at all with big jump landings? Sometimes my ankles feel like their taking a heck of an impact, and wondered if a wider peg might help.

Skid Jackson

Nov 1, 2000
Are wide pegs just an mx kind of thing?? I just ride trails, (c rider). I have small feet, size 8. i've wondered about wider pegs but i can't say i have noticed any problems w/my stock pegs. I'm always up for something that helps the bike fit or feel better. Is this one of those things you didn't know you needed till after you bought it!!

JTT

~SPONSOR~
Aug 25, 2000
widepeg

Total cost $3.49 CND
Total labour 2 hours
Comfort factor...superb! :thumb:

Camstyn

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 3, 1999
I wear a size 14/15 boot, and most stock pegs are fine for me too. The only reason I bought these "wide" pegs is because they are are positioned lower than stock.

Top Bottom