oilspot

Sep 11, 2006
I rode a friends ktm the other day that had foot pegs that were a lot wider than the pegs on my rmx.
He mentioned that he's seen weld on pedal widening kits in the past. I'm not worried about adding a little weight to the bike, and switching to a high dollar titanium peg just doesn't have any advantage that would justify the cost for me.
does anybody know who may have a weld on kit. I guess I could make the extensions myself, but if the price is low enough I'd just buy a kit.

450X

Test It!!!
Mar 25, 2007
i thought i saw something like that in a magazine maybe Dennis Kirk? try your local dealer, they might know of some place to get them. depending on how much you want to spend you should be able to pick up a set of wide steel pegs for around $70-80.

elcamino12sec

Jan 16, 2006
I would just buy a used set of foot pegs and grind them in half, weld the half to the whole on the bike and bingo! you have wider foot pegs. Yes I know, I am cheap but try it out, it may work great.

oilspot

Sep 11, 2006
elcamino12sec said:
I would just buy a used set of foot pegs and grind them in half, weld the half to the whole on the bike and bingo! you have wider foot pegs. Yes I know, I am cheap but try it out, it may work great.
Had already decided to stop by the local bike shop this morning to see what they had laying around in the back as far as pegs.
It's not cheap, it's smart!

Top Bottom