Mar 12, 2007
I have a cr 125, and when i'm half half way through the powerband it often makes this wierd tinging noise almost like rice it been thrown around in the exhaust. i did repack the exhaust today but it seems to be getting slighty worse each time i take it out. please help guys

_JOE_

~SPONSOR~
May 10, 2007
Do the top end, check the bottom end while it's apart, and switch to PREMIUM FUEL ONLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

snb73

Nov 30, 2003
Cr Rider_Elliot said:
I asked one of my friends, friends who apparently knows a lot and he said my bike might need reboaring?

Apparently he doesn't know your cylinder is plated.

That noise could be from the engine or frame. Check and make sure all engine mounting bolts are tight. Do a compression check, it will give you a good indication of your top end condition.

Use premium fuel only.

Last edited:

_JOE_

~SPONSOR~
May 10, 2007
Don't rely on compression. A piston can have excessive skirt clearance and still yeild good compression. The best thing to do is buy a gasket set and tear it down and measure.

76GMC1500

Uhhh...
Oct 19, 2006
I had rings so worn the moly bands around the outside were almost gone. My bike made 180 psi. With new rings and a piston, it makes 185 psi. Compression didn't tell me anything in this case.

Mar 12, 2007
alright then, i am planning on doing that tomorrow, i checked at a garage and they said one possibility could be that the piston ring got shattered and is inside the expansion chamber?

rmc_olderthandirt

~SPONSOR~
Apr 18, 2006
IS there any other symptom of a problem other than the "tinging" noise?

It is hard to describe sounds, and even harder to imagin what your "ting" might sound like.

What I call a "ting" sound is a normal 2-stroke power band. How much experience on this bike do you have? Perhaps you are just getting more experienced, pushing the bike harder and finally getting the pipe to start working for you.

If you don't think that the sound is right then I would recommend doing a top end rebuild.

And always run premium gas! The extra dollar or two that you spend on gas is a lot cheaper than a top end rebuild!

Rod

Top Bottom