wornknobby

Feb 5, 2004
Which is a better piston, Wiesco or oem? I heard that forged pistons (wiesco) need to have more clearance than oem beacuse they seem to expand more with the heat so you need to follow the breakin-in procedures carfully. I also heard that the forged pistons mostly have problems with cold siezing and the cast pistons mostly broken skirts. But if i want to put in a wiesco piston am i going to need to bore out my cylnder alitte more because they need more clearance? or am i going to have to buy a smaller size? If you guys think oem would be better where is a good place where i can get them beacuse i cant find them any where? :flame:

Mr. Clean

~SPONSOR~
Nov 8, 2001
Wiseco makes their pistons so they will work with no problems. I would use wiseco because it is lighter which makes it easier on the rod and crank. It also gives it a little quicker rev., plus it cost much less. The oem piston would be better in my opinion if it were a trail bike not ridden hard because it would last longer due to tighter tolerances and I believe harder aluminum. Mr. Clean

Moto Squid

~SPONSOR~
Jul 22, 2002
People have issues with wisecos when they immedietly go from kickin to shifting...you must allow them to warm up properly or they will cold seize. I've used wiseco in every toy I've owned with absolutely no problems.

wornknobby

Feb 5, 2004
well i do use the bike mostly as a trail bike but sometimes i find places where im in the higher gears and have the revs up there but I'm not racing or anything so the bike isn't in this kind of pressure for long periods of time. do you think i should still go with oem or will it be hard for me to use this bike as a trail bike if i use weisco pistons?

wornknobby

Feb 5, 2004
wornknobby said:
well i do use the bike mostly as a trail bike but sometimes i find places where im in the higher gears and have the revs up there but I'm not racing or anything so the bike isn't in this kind of pressure for long periods of time. do you think i should still go with oem or will it be hard for me to use this bike as a trail bike if i use weisco pistons?
BY THE WAY DOES ANY ONE KNOW A GOOD PLACE WHERE I CAN GET OEM PISTONS FOR MY BIKE AT A LOW COST? oR JUST ANY WHERE? I CAN'T SEEM TO FIND ANY.

ruffman

Apr 10, 2002
I just go on there web page and click OEM. Then there is 3 drop down boxs for year, make and model. After that you pick the part area you are looking for they have micromiche for all the bikes, unlike everyone else that just seems to have it for Honda and Yamaha. I was just able to look up a piston assembly for his Kaw and was able to see all the piston kit for my Suzuki.
Its something new they didnt use to have. Guess they did there own scanning of the microfishe, hope other companys follow this example soon.

Top Bottom