Wiesco Top End Ebay kits. Deal or junk?

flynbryan

~SPONSOR~
May 22, 2000
I have seen some great deals on 2-stroke top-end rebuild kits on Ebay, but am scared to bite. I'm concerned that this are "B list" items and not top quality parts. Has anyone used the bargin kits from Ebay with good results? I just don't want to spend money on something thats beyond tolerances and was sold just to "get rid of it". :think:

BigRedAF

Jan 9, 2005
I'm sure it's fine...

Wiseco would dump "B" list parts on the market to the lowest bidder. If they did there would be a rash of failures with their name on them. They're probably parts that a dealer had on the shelf for a while.

James

Lifetime Sponsor
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 2001
If it was genuine Wiseco, I'd use it no matter how cheap the price...provided the parts were in new condition.

BigRedAF

Jan 9, 2005
FLYING BRYAN:

I had a friend in San Antonio Texas back in 1979, His name was Brain Taylor, he went by "Flying Brian" the kid was insanely fast. Kent Howerton used to ride with him a lot. He outran Eric Keho at Rio Bravo and Lake Whitney for the qualifiers to Ponca City and the amateur Supercross at the Astrodome.

Every time I see your user name on here I think about how fast he was. He was primarily an 80 rider, occasionally the local tracks would let him ride a YZ100 in the 125 Pro class and he would win nearly every time. One day at the local day track in Austin, TX he out ran Steve Stackable. The 125 and 250 Pro classes were combined that day. Steve was on a white L.O.P. YZ250 towards the end of his career, if memory serves correctly it was 1980.

It would have been nice to see how far he could have made it but he got strung out on dope. :coocoo:

Top Bottom