adam46

Feb 27, 2006
anybody from socal going up north to ride the wild boar enduro @ clear creek. i rode the recent quicksilver at the same location but conditions were hellish (approx. 1 ft. of snow in the campground in the morning, all of which melted off and became thick churned up mud by my minute) anyway, hoping for better conditions for the boar.

placelast

Apr 11, 2001
I'm going to help the club, both days. The Eel might be going.

How did you place on the QS? I saw the pix - don't know how you could go anywhere, even the pits!

adam46

Feb 27, 2006
i didn't even make the first loop. I houred out with many other b and c riders on a single track that bottled necked with what seemed twenty riders deep. several areas in this area required the help of two other riders to get bikes over larger slick rocks or tree roots.

placelast

Apr 11, 2001
My son and I may not make it now as my pickup has a cracked head - is in the shop awaiting part$. The mechanic said next Saturday is a push at best.

We are so disappointed. We might be able to come up in my wife's car as long as camp is not difficult to reach, that's if she's okay with that (doubt she would be though - that's why I have a pickup to begin with.)

adam46

Feb 27, 2006
the photos are great! many of them i think are from the single track from hell(loop 1) that i houred out on. instant exhaustion from just looking at them. sure looking forwart to boar, especially since it seems conditions are going to be very similar. look me up if you're there, i have a white chev. tahoe with a blue easy up set up next to it.

placelast

Apr 11, 2001
There's no way we're going now - I am depressed: mechanic called to say the other head has a hairline crack found at the machine shop after the clean bath; this is going to co$t, not one but possibly both bikes and gear to pay for it all.

adam46

Feb 27, 2006
sorry to hear about your truck, you might not be missing anything though, clear creek may be closed this weekend due to rain

placelast

Apr 11, 2001
I'm hoping it's not closed for my sake but that would mean we could eventually make it; when they postpone things it pushes it out a month or so.

the Eel

~SPONSOR~
Sep 23, 2000
KelsoRat and I will be there .. were on row 79. Hopefully the weather gods will lighten up !

kelsorat

Knucklehead Newbie
Nov 5, 2001
Yeah he still has it.

Do any NorCalers have some weather reports for us? I'd hate to make the drive up to find out that the event will be cancelled.

the Eel

~SPONSOR~
Sep 23, 2000
duke - i still have it and i'd love to sell it. it's in good shape. i'd be willing to deal.

Last edited:

adam46

Feb 27, 2006
there's a lot of talk in the district 36 forums as well as to the running of the event. click on the northern california enduro link. hoping for a definite answer soon. anyway, i'm driving 8penny nails through my tires tonight in anticipation of massive amouts of snow with a snowmobile as a back-up

kelsorat

Knucklehead Newbie
Nov 5, 2001
Spoke to BLM just a bit ago. Clear Creek is planning on 1-2 inches of snow tonight. It has been raining on and off all morning long. BLM says everyone is calling for the same info (whether Clear Creek is open), and they will not update the hotline right away, because the decision to close will affect quite a few people, and the weather will determine alot in the next 5-6hours.

the Eel

~SPONSOR~
Sep 23, 2000
kelsorat said:
Spoke to BLM just a bit ago. Clear Creek is planning on 1-2 inches of snow tonight. It has been raining on and off all morning long. BLM says everyone is calling for the same info (whether Clear Creek is open), and they will not update the hotline right away, because the decision to close will affect quite a few people, and the weather will determine alot in the next 5-6hours.

Wow ! Riding in the snow sounds like a lotta fun !

adam46

Feb 27, 2006
i was row 47 for the quicksilver-now snow was left-just muddy slush-but it was still alota fun
i'm row 42 for this and anticipating much of the same

duke

Oct 9, 1999
Eel

The inquiry was made on behalf of a friend, who based on his expressed needs, was recommended to seek out a used European, purpose built 125 enduro. I am well versed about the bike and shared their pros/cons with him. It wasn't until recently that I recalled some "local" on these forums who had one. The WR/EXC models are as rare as hens teeth out here. In any event, I will forward your number to him. He voiced his interest some time ago, but it wasn't until I posted the original inquiry that I recalled your owning one. I live in Eagle Rock, but he lives a bit farther out towards the "909" region of the world.

Top Bottom