Will 2000 cr250 parts fit a 98? (water pump impeller shaft)

vintage79yoyo

Jun 7, 2006
Hi I just bought a used water pump impeller shaft for my 98 cr250, the shaft is off of a 2000. The parts look similar but with the 2000 shaft there is a slight taper on the water seal side. The 98 shaft is pretty beat up from rust and corrosion so its hard to tell if there is a taper or not. I dont want to install the 00' shaft if water/coolant is gonna just blow by the water pump seal. Can anybody help me out and let me know if these parts are compatible? thanks guys

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
I am under the belief, from 92~01 are the same, except 92~96 have a plastic gear instead of metal. I have 1 ordered for my 95,97,98,99 and 04, back ordered till June 16th, or so. I do have 3 manuals for 1 bike! Used water pump parts? GOOD LUCK with that part. The main differences in the years you are dealing with is the frame, cylinder and pipe. 92~01, the bottom ends are inter changeable. Vintage Bob

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
Evilbay good used parts, and reality are 2 very different animals. New parts are new parts though. Double check oem availability and price+shipping. Service Honda is usually cheaper, and covers the major brands. I do believe I seen a new 1 on fleabay, I do not need 2. BUT, mine is still back ordered to the first week of June! Like I said, GOOD LUCK. Vintage Bob

Top Bottom