Will a bike fit with camper shell??

pokemanyz

Jan 22, 2000
I have a Toyota Tundra and was thinking about getting a cap (camper shell) for it. Will a bike fit in there without having to lower the bars?
Thanks in advance for any help ;)

Moto Squid

~SPONSOR~
Jul 22, 2002
I doubt it, on the fullsize chevy's you have to get the cap with that huge, ugly raised top...we were considering that until we found out there'd be a 1/2 clearance between the bike and roof. Best thing to do is measure how tall your bike is and then read the literature for the tops, they'll tell the interior height.

Katoom

Feb 19, 2002
It depends on the height of the camper shell. If it is the same height of the cab it probably won't fit. Many of the newer shells start the same height as the cab and then slope upwards to the back, so you may be able to fit a bike in backwards. But I'll tell you from experiance that it isn't fun crouching under a canopy and trying to strap a bike down.

dave186

Sponsoring Member
Nov 19, 2001
my truck came with a camper with a raised roof on it. to me thats the "old fisherman" style. i didnt even try to get my bike in it, i just took it off. anybody want a camper shell? :p

Highbeam

~SPONSOR~
Jun 13, 2001
Nope. not upright with a canopy flush with the top of the cab. My full size chev has a leer canopy with no rise and the max height object I can pass through is 40 inches. I have seen fourwheelers put in under canopies that had a reasonably good looking rise between the front and the rear of the canopy.

However, I would recommend a canopy for your truck as I get a lot of use out of mine. In combination with a trailer for the bikes or a hitch mounted bike carrier if you have just one bike. You can sleep in the bed and change out of your muddy gear in the rain while staying dry in the back.

Just ask Bsmith you can always lay the bike down on its side and slide it in the bed even with a canopy like mine. You may leak a trail of oil though :eek: .

bsmith

Wise master of the mistic
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 28, 2001
It worked for a parts bike :thumb:

HB, you want that cobra exhaust?

Highbeam

~SPONSOR~
Jun 13, 2001
No sir, my stock xr500 with the baffle installed blew a 91 dB at the last enduro. I wouldn't want to go louder. Thanks though. I've washed your old k&N probably half a dozen times, that thing can collect some dirt. Each time my fingers left dents in the dust so I know it was overfull of dirt.

bsmith

Wise master of the mistic
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 28, 2001
:eek:

Top Bottom