XR400RMan

Dec 11, 2000
Does anyone know if the Front Fender,Rear Fender,Side Panels,Front # Plate,Front fork and Discs guards, will fit my 1991 XR250R? I see that this will be the last option I have to get red plastics on my bike that look good, The reason I say 96-02 CR125/250 is because like a 1990 CR250R's red plastic is just dull and thats not what I want and plus the older models looked more orange than red anyways, I just love the finish and look of the 96-02 CR125/250R. So does anyone know if they will fit my bike? I have heard of people converting CR plastics over to an XR400R but I am unsure of the years, Thanks,Matt

CanadianRidr

Sponsoring Member
Oct 22, 2001
XR im pretty sure that the side panels will simply not fit. The mounting holes and size of the plastic is quite a bit different. As for fork guards, doesn't your bike have conventional forks? While the CR has inverted I don't think you could use those either. The rear fender may fit but would proably need new holes drilled and may not line up properly.
The only real thing I can see fitting is the front fender and maybe number plate however with some serious modification anything is possible :aj:

XR400RMan

Dec 11, 2000
Ok thanks alot Canadianridr, That pretty much bumms me out, I didn't even think about the different forks, I know I can get the Plastic from maier but I am really hesitant about that, I've read and asked on Various forums and everyone says there plastic has a DULL finish.

I guess I am stuck with the white plastic until I get a different bike. I guess thats ok though because I would of needed a Red Gas Tank to go with it and don't think anyone carries but a white for my bike. Does anyone know of someone that has painted there plastics to look like Honda Replica Plastic? I thought I heard of this one time but I may have dreamed it, If anyone knows anything tell me about how it looked when he finished and where I can get the paint, Thanks,Matt

JTT

~SPONSOR~
Aug 25, 2000
XR, I know a freind who put CR plastic on his XR400. He used a rear fender from, I beleive, a CR500 (it took a little fitting, but it worked). The front fender is almost universal do that's not an issue. For a coll front number plate, get one from a '96 RM. They had conventional forks and a guard attached to number plate (looks nice). As for side number plates, your stuck with stock.

XR400RMan

Dec 11, 2000
Thanks alot JTT,I'll check that out, I wanted the whole bike bike red but realize I can't get it for my 91, I am just to worried about how my bike looks I guess, I can't stand for anyone to see my bike the least bit dirty,it just kills me, I probably just keep what I have until I need a better bike, Thanks again everyone,Matt

Top Bottom