cooken

Apr 24, 2007
will i be left in the dust

I am looking at a 2001 KX 250 but have concerns that I will be left in the dust buy my buddies who have Bought CR250 ranging from 05 to 03.
Need some help deciding what to do?

Here my info
Try to include the following info in your first post
1) your physical size (both height and weight are important)
5'8' 185#'s
2) How physical / aggressive are you ?
Fairly physical
3) what do you plan to ride- MX/SX tracks, woods, fields with friends or ?????
Both
4) Do you have any riding experience?
I raced when I was younger from 79 to 82 in the 80 class
5) Do you think you will race ?
???????????
6) Are you mechanically inclined and will you be doing your own bike work?
yes
7) Do YOU have a preferance to a brand/ motor choice (2 or 4 stroke)?
2 stroke, I have ridden everything but Kawasaki, but I know they were a pretty good bike some years back
8) Do you have a dealer close by your home that you might use and what brand(s) does he carry?
yes, have not really looked that hard at dealerships
9) How much do you plan to spend on a bike?
weekends
10) Do you live in California?

no Florida
11) anything else that you think would help form an opinion

No not that I can think of

Last edited:

DieselTech

Always breakin' something
~SPONSOR~
Jan 21, 2007
90% rider, 10% bike. You'll be fine - unless your buddies are better riders than you are. In which case you could always sabotage their bikes........just kidding. :)

cooken

Apr 24, 2007
Thats all i needed to hear. Thanks for the input. I have read that the suspenion is the think that holds the kx back, but i am sure its nothing that some aftermarket parts can't improve.

Bakemono

Apr 21, 2007
Honda hasnt exactly been known for the best 2-stroke MX bikes in recent years and who wins depends much more on rider than on bike, so I wouldnt worry.

kawicam250

I bleed green!
Aug 7, 2006
whenfoxforks-ruled said:
Just to be different get the kaw,and blow their doors off! Have fun and post pics! And quit reading db mags,just look at them!

there ya' go. youll be a beacon on that green bike, but RR might think different ;) . the suspension on the KX is a little softer than the YZ or KTM( not sure about RM or CR) which can be good and bad, but it usually suits the beginner/intermediate better than the experts.

Top Bottom