spw1993

Jun 28, 2007
I have a 1979 IT175 and I have a friend with a bike shop and he has a 1978 YZ400 parts bike with aluminum rear swingarm and white brothers gas shock will these suspension parts work on my IT My friend said he would give me these parts if they would fit my bike so would really like to know if they will work

Jan 3, 2007
spw1993, no. It will not work because the swing arm is too wide and the rear shock bushing is bigger and the shock it self is too long.

Send your suspension too MX-Tech or Race Tech suspension and have them valve the suspension for your wieght and rididng conditions. Also, you can relocate the rear shock mount further back on the bike to increas your ground clearence but tou will need a longer chain.

For the front you can take the fraont end off of a modern day bike with USD forks and make a adapter to accept the top and bottom tripple clamps and you then will have a disk brake on the front.

Jan 3, 2007
spw1993, for that you will need to extend your frame in the engine cradle about 6 inches or so. Then you need to change the steering rake so you can accomidate the pipe, and finial weld new tabs for the 490 engine.

Top Bottom