Will older forks and shocks fit 06 yz250f?

bizzow

~SPONSOR~
Nov 19, 2000
Looking to buy older shock and forks, off E*** or wherever, and set up with woods valving. The stock 06 components with remain stock for mx.

I know Yam went with 48mm forks, 04 to 06, but were there changes in axles, clamp size, etc? Shock length seems to be a big question on 06, as well as bolt sizes, clevis vs eye, etc.

Please help. What year components will fit 06 yz250f?

Chris

Matt90GT

May 3, 2002
Forks, yes.

For the shock info, you will need to get the Technical Seminar Update books for 2005 and 2006 model years from your local dealer. That is the only book I know of that they list all the changes yearly in the bike. From that information, you should be able to conclude if the shock will swap over with little or no issue.

chrismxer

Aug 17, 2005
Yes they will both fit. I have an 06 YZ250 and a 04 YZ250f. I have measured the forks and the are the same. The shock; I put the 04 shock on to see where I wanted to be with valving and it fit perfectly. They have the same dimensions.
You might want to consider just the shock because those forks are really good on the 06 and if you got them revalved for a light mx they would out perform the 04's. The 05's are a different story.

Top Bottom