Will RC run a #1 plate at Glen Helen again?

Will RC run #1 at Glen Helen?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

nikki

Moto Junkie
Apr 21, 2000
I'm hoping for a big fat #1 at Steel City!! Why not celebrate the last two rounds! :yeehaw:

:ride:

TwinSpar

AssClown WannaBe
N. Texas SP
Aug 18, 1999
I think #4 on his plates, #1 on his butt patch, turn signals, break lights, head light, and a bicycle bell. :)

2-Strokes 4-ever

~SPONSOR~
Feb 9, 2005
Missouri
Hell yea! The guy has class..............as a tribute to Decoster and all of Suzuki, I'd bet money on the #1 plate. He feels he owes it to 'em.

dirt bike dave

Sponsoring Member
May 3, 2000
Maybe he will run his MXdN number. He's done that before.

#1 would be good to see. I hope he does it.

After RC retires for good, the AMA should retire the #4 for all time.

rickyd

Hot Sauce
Oct 28, 2001
TwinSpar said:
I think #4 on his plates, #1 on his butt patch, turn signals, break lights, head light, and a bicycle bell. :)

A DRZ?? :ohmy: That would be funny :laugh:

DWreck

~SPONSOR~
Apr 14, 2002
I know this has been discussed before but I wish now that practically no one runs the #1 plate that the current champion would have a different color number and background like they did in Supercross. (up until 1993?) when Coors Light was the sponsor.

nikki

Moto Junkie
Apr 21, 2000
dirt bike dave said:

That's a cool thought.... I like that idea! :cool:

oldguy

Always Broken
Dec 26, 1999
dirt bike dave said:
Actually as long as he does select races #4 will be unavailable for anyone to claim- like Doug Henry #19. RC at his current age could tie up #4 for the next 15 to 20 years if he wants to

Vic

***** freak.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 5, 2000
Last race of his full time career.

He'll run it.

I'd like to see him wear a HUGE number 1 on top of his helmet.

mtk

Jun 9, 2004
funktree said:
it's bad marketing to brag about your bike winning the championship for one race? seems like a good idea to me

Its good marketing for Suzuki, but bad marketing for RC himself. Same as Valentino Rossi running #46 on his bike, even though both Honda and Yamaha would have preferred a big #1 on the front of it. He sells lots of merchandise with that #46 on it so he wanted to continue to advertise the "brand." RC is doing the same thing (as is Reed and everyone else).

While I understand why they do it, I still prefer the champion running the #1 plate.

Vic

***** freak.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 5, 2000
mtk said:
I still prefer the champion running the #1 plate.

That's what I'm gonna do. :cool:

robwbright

Apr 8, 2005
I still like the idea of the guys riding with the # of the position they finished in the standings the year before. Thus, RC would pretty much have been #1 for the last decade anyway. ;)

mtk

Jun 9, 2004
robwbright said:
I still like the idea of the guys riding with the # of the position they finished in the standings the year before. Thus, RC would pretty much have been #1 for the last decade anyway. ;)

I do too.

Alas, marketing and merchandising is making that a dying breed.

Philip

Dirtweek Junkie
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 15, 2002
He ran it for Honda and I don't see how it hurt either Honda or RC. Marketing is more than one race. He'll run it.

mtk

Jun 9, 2004
I agree; I just wish they would get back to running the #1 plate all year.

I understand why they don't want to run it, but I still prefer seeing a bike on the track with the big #1 on it.

Top Bottom