Jul 16, 2006
Hello,
Sorry for the lenghth, please read I need advice. I bought an 89 YZ125 not running. The motor is all there except the powervalve and head. I'm having a hard time finding a powervalve because '89 was a one time part number for the valve. The cylinder that I have needs to be re-sleeved and I'm also missing the Head. My question is: If I buy a complete Cylinder from another year bike, can I put it on my rebuilt bottom end? Keep in mind the connecting rod part number is the same from 1989 all the way to 1996. If all the Cylinder parts are from the same year it should work right? Thanks for any help I'm getting discouraged about this bike!

Jul 16, 2006
Yeah I've checked bike bandit, Awesome site by the way very good prices. The only problem that I have with buying oem parts is that it would cost me about $400 bucks to get the cylinder I have now re-sleeved and to buy all the powervalve parts. The bike is missing other various parts also and if I get too much money into it I may as well part it out and buy a running bike. I'm hoping to find a complete cylinder for the 200 dollar range.

jason33

Oct 21, 2006
try a salvage yard- or eb#y- for a complete cylinder
the parts are the same? it should work look at microfiche and see-
the porting might be a lil different but still work

the base gasket is the same from 89-93! not 96!

the bore and stroke is 1989-56x50
1993-is 56x50.7
so 89- 92 should be just different porting specs and work

Top Bottom