Winter Break Down: That gas Tank bolt

KDXFreestyle

Damn Yankees
Nov 19, 2002
Hey guys.... Ive been trying on my spinning gas tank bolt. Wont budge. I did loosen it a little wiht a cro bar though. Any ideas on how to get the ting out? i tried drilling it too.. no luck. The square thing is spinning in the tank and I cant yank it out.

KAY DEE EXER

~SPONSOR~
Mar 3, 2003
Drill the screw head off. While drilling it will create some heat which should be enough to aid in pulling it out of the tank. Then just buy a new insert and epoxy it back in...

KDXFreestyle

Damn Yankees
Nov 19, 2002
i tried drilling it out, but it went really crooked, so i guess that is out of the question. Pulling it with vise grips didnt work either. I am gonna try using my friends dremmel and gringing the head off. Will this able me to pull out the tank?

cicone

Sep 29, 2003
Hey kdxfreestyle, which bolt is it? My upper left radiator shroud bolt is also stuck. All the reading I've done says you can pull them out, but I'm afraid of running into the $300 new tank problem. Let us know how it goes. Oh Yeah, Wave at my grandfather's house----washington st. --Abington!!

KDXFreestyle

Damn Yankees
Nov 19, 2002
I GOT IT OFF!!!!! I saw zalled as much of th ebolt off ad i could, then with a cro bar, I pushed in on the tank, which gave me just enough room to pull it out. I havent taken the bolt, or the brass thing out of the tank yet. Ill let you knwo how that goes as soon as I do it. (which probably wont be until friday or saturday) I guess I was the guine pig for this one! and we have a partial success so far!

Top Bottom