CCCnurse

Oct 30, 2005
Just got word that the Valley Trail Riders is having a Winter Hare Scrambles next February!! I'll have more details soon. What I know now is that it will be on Feb 7th at the VTR property. 1 1/2 hour long, length of track unknown. Start time at sign-up times as soon as I know.

Classes will be:
Front tire studded
Rubber Tire
Junior / Youth

This will run along with our scheduled D-14 Ice Race and CCC Chili Cook-Off

RJ

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
When some one from the club said that studded tires would not be allowed then most guys interest dwindled. If they run a both tires with screws/studs then more would be interested. I was asked by Basil to get feedback and that is what I was told.

I'd also suggest you plow a track some how if you plan to run kids on smaller bikes and a rubber class.

The ground will have serious frost in it, there will be no traction and if there are any icy spots it will be slippery.

TJC510

Mi. Trail Riders
Oct 22, 2006
Fred, thats the point. it would be no different than me getting my bike out at the end of january and riding around the yard, except i don't do it for an hour and a half. i would think they could run the kids after the big bikes go threw and "clear and path"

sounds like fun, ill most likely be there.

freewoco

Nov 13, 2009
spike tires are a must!! over in New York they do this all the time. Have a spike tire class(Front and Rear) and a rubber class... then run the kids the same way... I'll bring the KTM 620!!!

CCCnurse

Oct 30, 2005
We were already talking about packing the track every time it snows.

If the majority of the riders want both tires studded then we need to know that also.

RJ

CCCnurse

Oct 30, 2005
Ok this is what I got from those in charge

RJ

!!!!! THERE WILL BE SOUND TESTING AT ALL EVENTS !!!!

Ice races dates Jan. 10th, Feb 7th, Feb 21st
prices are $10.00 gate
Combo class $35.00
First class $30.00
Second class $20.00

Gate opens at 7:00am Tech inspection 7:30am Practice 9:00am Racing 11:30am

Winter Hare Scrambles Feb 7th
Price $10.00 gate
Event $15.00

Classes will be Studded Class ( Front tire only!! ) If Ice Race is canceled there will not be any Hare Scrambles !!!!!

Rubber Class
Kids Class

Gate opens at 7:00am Races for Kids class will start at about 10:30am
After noon class will start at about 12:00pm

Kids will run 1.0 hour race
After noon class will be run about 1 1/2 hours

Enduro June 19th and 20th
Saturday Event $ 20.00 per rider
$15.00 per X rider

Sunday's Event $45.00 per rider

Hare Scrambles July 18th and September 26th

Price Gate $10.00
Rides $30.00

Gate open at 7:00pm
Quad Sart 8:00am 1 1/2 hour
PW's Start 9:00am
Mini's Parade lap 10:15am Race about 11:00am
After noon class Start 12:30pm

!!!! WILL BE SOUND TESTING AT ALL EVENTS !!!!

Yam7M

Mi. Trail Riders
Jun 3, 2008
CCCnurse said:
!!!!! THERE WILL BE SOUND TESTING AT ALL EVENTS !!!!

!!!! WILL BE SOUND TESTING AT ALL EVENTS !!!!

This is great! Thanks VTR! :cool:

skippy1277

Nov 16, 2009
Packing the track is a very bad idea, you ever try to ride a dirt bike on a snowmobile trail, sucks. Why not run spikes in the rear? I dont believe anyone will show if you have non spikes in the rear. Just curious on how must snow riding experience you guys have? Full spikes and powder is where its at!!!!!!

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
I talked to Basil this weekend and he told me they have a fear of screws flying off the rear tires and injuring riders. I didn't debate it with him but that issue is most likely not as dangerous as they think. Tires are not spinning as fast as on a n ice track.

They will need to charge a $10 gate and $15 race fee due to insurance needed, it has to be sanctioned.

He said that next year if this go's well then they will allow studded tires such as Trelleborgs etc, but not tires with screws in them.

Top Bottom