SirThumper

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 9, 2000
Well it took it long enough, but we are getting hit pretty good right now. My usual hour and a half comute took me two and a half hours today.
Snow=good
The Drive=a bummer
In Hailey where I work there was 2 feet of snow on the ground when I left and 12 to 18" expected overnight. I may not be able to get to work tomorrow. :eek:

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
we got a li'l bit yesterday and again this morning, but not near as much as you boys down south. Expecting some more later this week.

I don't mind the snow, just so long as it melts off slow so's we don't get the floods :debil:

Grady

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 19, 2000
Originally posted by XRpredator
but not near as much as you boys down south. Expecting some more later this week.:debil:

You know that you live in the North, when Idaho is 'Down South' :laugh:

BTW, expected to be chilly here today, bout 67 degrees, Burrrrrr! :confused:

clutchcover

~SPONSOR~
Feb 21, 2002
I'm loving it :) We need the snow really bad down here, the last few years have sucked for snow and left us in a drought. The only downside is that I have to work in it. Have the interstates been closed up your way? They had I-86 and I-15 closed most of yesterday and this morning. Lotta ticked off travelers.

LoriKTM

Super Power AssClown
Oct 4, 1999
New Mexico
Originally posted by SirThumper
In Hailey where I work there was 2 feet of snow on the ground when I left and 12 to 18" expected overnight. I may not be able to get to work tomorrow. :eek:

You lucky ducks... it RAINED here this morning. :(

We had a couple nice dumps of snow early in Dec, but both were followed by warmer temps and rain.  The trail conditions at the local ski areas are sad....

It was in the 50's last Sunday, and warm enough that we went out and cleaned the Dirtweek mud off our KTMs! 

bsmith

Wise master of the mistic
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 28, 2001
Well, it's to cold to snow here, unlike down south by Pred :)

High Lord Gomer

Poked with Sticks
Sep 26, 1999
Can any of y'all tell us what they're talkin 'bout?

Rain bad?!? How ya gonna fill the well and wash the chicken blood off the stump out back ifn it don't rain?

Ain't that snow the little flaky stuff inside them Christmas ornaments that ya shake?

SirThumper

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 9, 2000
Don't let Pred fool ya Grady, he's in the same state. There again, anyone south of Pred is...well... south. He just gets a little nervous with people who live to close to Utah. :laugh:

Clutch, the interstate was closed from here to Poky but not west. It was pretty bad. I saw about 10 cars off the road yesterday and about 5 today. Solid Ice all the way to work today plus a little fog.

The scenery I see everyday going to work is awesome. Everything was totaly white today when I dropped into the Treasure Valley. The fog was lifting, the sun popped out and everything was just beautiful. I'm taking my camera tomorrow.

The ski resort near where I live reported 160" on top and 130" at the base. Not bragging or nothing but we usually get more snow than any other resort in the state. :thumb:

sweden_345

Jul 17, 2002
Well it took it long enough, but we are getting hit pretty good right now. My usual hour and a half comute took me two and a half hours today.
Snow=good
The Drive=a bummer

Man... you guýs are so weak. wow some snow! But wait, now i may not be able to go to work! OMG! Cant u deal whit some snow

Neil Wig

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 22, 2000
Nice crisp morning in Saskatchewan......-29, with a wind chill down to -39. Some parts of Saskatchewan are supposed to see -50 temps (with the wind chill) this week.

clutchcover

~SPONSOR~
Feb 21, 2002
Man... you guýs are so weak. wow some snow! But wait, now i may not be able to go to work! OMG! Cant u deal whit some snow
With an 1 1/2 hour commute and generally slow snow removal, This makes it pretty hard to get to work. Even in a 4x4. I don't know very many people that would even attempt to drive through 18" of snow on the road.
The snow here just keeps piling up. I am out of work till the snow melts off a little. My boss doesn't want to pay me to shovel snow off the the floor of the house we are building instead of actually building the house. The snow is a mixed blessing for me.

bsmith

Wise master of the mistic
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 28, 2001
Mr Wig, you can't have all the fun ;)
According to the National Weather Service homepage for Spokane WA it was
Negative -23 at 8PM last night, with no wind :scream:
But we are sending it back up to you in a couple days in exchange for more snow.

gwcrim

~SPONSOR~
Oct 3, 2002
Some parts of Saskatchewan are supposed to see -50 temps (with the wind chill) this week.

Q: Do you know what time it is when the temperature reaches -50?

A: It's time to move SOUTH!!!

SirThumper

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 9, 2000
Originally posted by sweden_345

I personally have no problem with snow nor driving in it. I do work 100 miles from home and when the state shuts the interstate down, you can't very well get to work, whether you are weak or not. :thumb:

sweden_345

Jul 17, 2002

I personally have no problem with snow nor driving in it. I do work 100 miles from home and when the state shuts the interstate down, you can't very well get to work, whether you are weak or not. :thumb:

Do they shut down the interstate?
Don't they know what salt is or trucks to get it of the road?

Jon K.

~SPONSOR~
Mar 26, 2001
You know; out of context perhaps that was not such a funny post. So it is gone.

Last edited:
Top Bottom