GETMETOCA

Can't Wait For Tuesdays
Mar 17, 2002
Okay Ladies, its time to talk about your plans for remodelling....

What's it gonna be?

Mine:
New graphics: The Captain Morgan graphics never showed up. :( I was bummin. I've scraped up my KTM graphics so much they're just beggin' for a re-do.

Tear Down Love: Time for some grease, some tightening of the bolts. Maybe a little attitude adjustment as well.

Bark Busters: More bust than bark. Damn. :|

Valve Job? My biological clock tells me its time.

What's in your wallet?? :nener:

MXGirl230

Stupid tires and trees
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Dec 19, 2002
Bike actually looks good, so probably just grease him up this winter. Mechanically sound now that the top end has been done and clutch plates replaced. Plastic was replaced last winter and I managed not to wreck it this year and graphics are still in great shape. Probably will detail clean too.

firecracker22

Sponsoring Member
Oct 23, 2000
Mine is getting some much-needed TLC. I think the top end is good for now, but she is coming inside the house for complete teardown, clean, tighten, grease, replace as needed. I've got a couple leaks to chase down, some bearings to replace or repack, and I am going to take a toothbrush to clean all the crevices that are packed full of grime. I'd like to repaint the frame but I'll probably just put grip tape on the worn parts. She *might* get new plastic and definitely a new grippy seat cover but graphics are a waste of time with knee braces. Tires are good, suspension is good.

Chili

Lifetime Sponsor - Photog Moderator
Apr 9, 2002
firecracker22 said:
but graphics are a waste of time with knee braces.

Sharla, check out the Thor Gear Guards, cheap as can be and really help keep a set of graphics from getting shredded by your braces. I was skeptical something so cheap could be effective but it's unreal how good a job they do.

CLICK ME

MXGirl230

Stupid tires and trees
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Dec 19, 2002
Thor gear guards :cool: Haven't wrecked my graphics this time around :yeehaw: <--I love this guy!

83MX80

Feb 21, 2005
not a lady or girl, but my KDX got a brand new kickstart shaft shipped from bikebandit.com which is out of san diego california. oh and it got a new throttle cable too. need to replace the plastic underneath the right hand grip. but other than that its good to go. i was planning on replacing the wheel bearing and getting my plastic gas tank soldered up but i had to deal with this stupid kickstart shaft problem. im going to red deer alberta to work on the oil rigs, and im going to buy a 06 arctic cat M7 EFI 153" track, a 06 grizz 660 special edition, a 14 foot 2 place enclosed trailer and a welder. so if i have anything left im going to help a family a friend out by either giving him some or just out right buy a sno pro 440 sled for him if he wants. and i might get a better dirtbike too. but i gotta get my truck in the air higher, will have a 3" body lift when i leave, want to put a 5" suspension lift and either 35" mud terrains or 38.5" super swampers. and a rebuilt 350 small block. i like my KDX, but i;ve never had anything but problems with it since i got it last summer. i'd like something newer and bigger. rode it around a little bit where there's no snow. and it seemed to do fine, had to re-route the throttle cable because it wasnt coming straight outta the carb and it was sticking. got that fix and is finally outta my dads 30x40 shop, with 12 foot walls and 16 foot peak roof.

The Ant

Jan 3, 2002
My bike is currently down to frame, electrics and engine - front & rear shocks are out to suspension shop for servicing, swing arm is off to clean and regrease, just got my radiator back from the "straighteners", got new Rooster Guards for them since I seem to have bent the Flatland ones, got new plastic for Xmas to replace the ones held together with bondo, checked the valves and they were spot on (!), but the new change I'm really excited about is a heavier weighted flywheel - hopefully will help keep me out of the ferns!

Just have to get it all back together for Moonrocks...
-SusanP.
CRF250x

SpeedyManiac

Aug 8, 2000
Mine ride's definitely getting some loving this winter. :ohmy:

Got sponsored for '06 so the suspension is getting revalved, got it back now, just gotta install it when I'm home over reading week. Also need to do some maintenance: replace some broken/lost parts and regrease everything. The wiring is also getting cut as I don't need to be street legal, only need a headlight. I'll also be getting a fresh rear knobby for the spring races, maybe some new plastic too. :cool:

squeaky

Roosta's Princess
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 28, 2003
Well, my bike's an '05 with not even 100 miles on it, so it doesn't need much!

Rooster and I put my brand new ProCircuit T4 exhaust on it this past weekend, much prettier than that ugly stock thing it came with!

Chili - $4.95 for the Thor gear guards? Did I read that right? My graphics are shot from my knee braces already, so if those really work I'll invest in a pair, then new graphics!

C

CaNaDiAn,Eh?

Right now I'm just going to be happy if I get to keep my bike. :( My parents want to sell it now that I'm at school, they say it's because I don't come home enough to ride it but I KNOW it's because my dad wants the money to put towards yet another bike for him....lol. I told them that the bike is the only reason I ever have to come home and they better keep it if they ever want to see me again but they aren't going for it. All I have on my side is that the KDX isn't the most popular bike and if I'm lucky no one will be interested.

If by some miracle I do get to keep it I wouldn't mind getting a set of bark busters for it and a skid plate would be nice to. And for me a new helmet. I've been using the same piece of crap no name helmet for 6 years now and I wouldn't mind a decent one that actually fits.

firecracker22

Sponsoring Member
Oct 23, 2000
You can't take it with you? There is no riding wherever you're going to school?

And, this isn't exactly good news, but KDXs ARE popular bikes ... cheap, do the job ... I hope they don't sell it for you.

SpeedyManiac

Aug 8, 2000
It's a little chilly up here to go riding. Good luck keeping the bike. The only way I've been allowed to keep mine is the fact I paid for it myself so my parents have no say.

C

CaNaDiAn,Eh?

KDX's aren't popular bikes in my area. Most people want a motocross bike even if they don't use it for that purpose apparently they are 'cooler' lol. There is always a chance someone will want it though, or that dad will trade it in somewhere.....luckily a harley dealer won't take it so that helps a bit but if he decides trade for a nicer quad for the farm I'm screwed.

There is riding outside of the city, I've heard there is a large motorsports park just outside the city limits but the problem is that I drive a car. I have no way of transporting the bike to a track or trail, and can't have a trailer because I have no where to put it.

If they sell it I will be devastated and possibly scarred for life.

firecracker22

Sponsoring Member
Oct 23, 2000
Oh i bet if he decides to list it in the paper, there will be calls ...

Trade that car in for a used pickup. Toyotas are bulletproof and cheap too.

Or, if they do trade it, just wait until you graduate and get one on your own ... that's what I had to do anyway, my parents weren't into buying me a bike when I was younger.

83MX80

Feb 21, 2005
my parents wont buy me squat for bikes or quads. thats why im going to rigs so i can get me a decent(aka brand new, hehehe) quad and sled and maybe even a bike, depending on what i have left for money. i dont want to spend it all at once though. i want a sled, quad and a trailer and a TIG welder for my dad. thats about it. good luck on keeping your KDX. i know when my parents get REALLY REALLY mad at me take my quad keys away and thats no fun. i'd be trading that car in for a used truck. you can usually get an s10/s15 pretty cheap. i picked mine up minorly siezed (s15) for 700.00 Canadian.

MXLady81

Nov 26, 2005
Winter make over....I'm going to start with trying to loose the winter baggage I've acquired and then I'll start with plastic and graphics, replacing a bent lever or two, grease the Little Yellow Assasin and get that new top end in. First race here in D14 is March 19th...weather permitting

MXGirl230

Stupid tires and trees
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Dec 19, 2002
All my poor bike is getting this winter is a brand new No Toil air filter...that's it...We did a lot to it last winter, so this winter it's Phil's turn. OH and this year I didn't crash hard enough to bend or break anything...so it's good to go.

firecracker22

Sponsoring Member
Oct 23, 2000
Mine hasn't gotten diddly squat since I've been riding it.

And 83mx80, my parents didn't buy me squat either. I had to buy it. and quads have too many wheels, this is a dirt bike site ... keep it on two wheels and forget those rolling couches. Can't take em anywhere fun.

C

CaNaDiAn,Eh?

There is no way I can sell my car for a truck, my parents got that for me to. Yeah, I'm spoiled lol. But in my defense I was not allowed to have a job, or do much of anything at all because they were worried it would interfere with my schoolwork. It sucked, I would have rathered have had to pay for stuff myself and actually had a life lol.

jennifer

Apr 3, 2002
Jennifer's 02 KTM 250 has been a big bike puzzle in the garage for almost two long months. It is finally back together and we rode at Hollister with Natalie last Saturday. I now call it a 2007 KTM 250. It has the new style tank, plastics, seat and subframe, black excel rims with gold talon hubs, new single pipe exhaust, Tag Metals triple clamps, black powdercoated frame and a few other new things. Jen likes it!

Here is what it looks like now:
jen-351-01-4mini.jpg

Pierre

crazy4nitro

Aug 31, 2005
I put new wheel bearing front and rear. New top end and crank assy. Pro-Taper bars with Pro-Taper grips(cause they were on sale) :laugh: Pro-Taper bar pad . Blue Pro-Wheel rims,I chemically treated the hubs to make them a gold looking color(cause i'm a cheap azz :laugh: ) Changed the fluid in the forks,full brake bleed rigamaro....

http://dirtrider.net/forums3/showthread.php?t=125482
scroll down to see...

Chain/sprockets next....

Crazy4nitro

Mac

LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 17, 2000
I had Factory connection rebuild/revalve my forks and shock, they also installed stiffer springs.

I sent my hubs to FRP to have a set of Excel rims installed. I will also be replacing the wheel bearings and installing a new set of S12's

I tore the top end apart to replace the piston/rings, I also spent two days cleaning the power valves.... :blah: While I had the head off I adjusted the height of the cylinder studs, they were too low. I also installed an extra base gasket to see if I can run pump fuel again.

Carb was completely tore down and cleaned, float height set.

New brake pads installed, welded the kickstand bracket (it was too sloppy) and grinded the endstop so it retracted higher.

Drank lots of beer.

Attachments

• Dsc00600a.jpg
    Dsc00600a.jpg
    81.9 KB · Views: 84
Top Bottom