nikki

Moto Junkie
Apr 21, 2000
New nose, new boobs, new haircut.... OOHHH... the bike... :p

Haven't started just yet, but need new graphics as half of mine fell off (can't decide which ones), maybe a grippy seat cover too, taking the forks to MX-Tech this week to get the seals replaced, gonna drop a new clutch in after Reno, need to check the valves, switch my bars so they can be bling bling gold and match my rims, maybe get some new handguards since mine look a little abused, and bleed the front brakes to try to get some life back in em.

Congrats on the new bike on the way Susan! :yeehaw:

bbbom

~SPONSOR~
Aug 13, 1999
Congrats on the new bike srellis and the new boobs & all nikki!!!! ;)

We will be going through bearings on all our bikes and just doing the needed repairs. I got some new rubbers for my kickstarter to stop that annoying foot slipping when kicking ankle slam into kickstarter move I am so fond of.

My son got all new graphics for his bike from Santa. Metalflake flames - he's sooooo cool I'll post pics when we get them on his little bike but we'll have to wait until the temps get back over the 0 degrees F mark. Anything above 10 below (30 below in some areas) would be a warming trend at this point.

It was so cold snowmobiling yesterday, my gloves were coated in ice from the snow that melted onto them when pulling sleds out of the powder. Handwarmers tend to heat the glove up, snow melts onto them then refreezes and at temps below 0, the handwarmers can't melt it off apparently. Makes holding onto the grips next to impossible - thankfully I always carry a spare set of gloves otherwise we may still be out there on the mountain.

We get to put a new clutch spring in the sled though - discovered it was broken halfway through the ride yesterday. Ahhhh, the joys of continous toy repair!

srellis

LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 25, 2002
Originally posted by nikki

Congrats on the new bike on the way Susan! :yeehaw:

Thanks! I toss and turn at night just thinking about it! My husband tosses and turns because he thinks I am going to get in over my head. I only plan on doing the jumps my 9 y.o. does on his 65 though.

By the way, where can I get new boobs? I need some of those too!

Susan

Michelle

Sponsoring Member
Oct 26, 1999
Bbbom, that sounds like this place. The KTM has its back wheel off getting swing arm bearings done (parts went missing from the courier, now back-ordered), the TM has its back wheel off getting wheel bearings done (he bought the wrong ones, so I had to get them) plus needs chain & sprockets, the KDX just had its forks done (oooh, they're nice now, I noticed, really plush) & new chain & sprockets, Henk's roadbike needs fork seals doing, new tire & made road-legal again, the CRM's sitting outside crying its little fork seals out (no room for her inside & she isn't allowed in the back shed till the forks are done, otherwise it'll be forgot). Damn, it's an expensive hobby & everything hits the fan at the same time. Then again, if Henk didn't need a bike for every type of ride he does (he's using the KDX too now), it'd be better, but I guess it saves the race bike a little bit (plus the fact they're just not worth selling).

The washing machine decided it'd had enough of washing dirty riding gear, so packed a sad a couple of days after xmas, the lawn mower must be on her last legs, as she started first pull yesterday (definitely not a male hehehe). All our xmas plans turned to slush and life goes on.

Oh, the KDX needs a new seat cover, but that'll happen when we're a bit more financial (might as well get new seat foam too, as this lot's been wet so many times & too soft anyways).

In some ways I envy you guys who have a limited ride season, at least you get to take the bikes off off-road & do stuff & not think "hmmm, now what weekend suits, too many rides on, don't want to miss out". Then again, I haven't ridden since the 28th Dec & am hanging out to go riding again. The cats think it's cool, mum & dad home all the time, pottering about the place.

Ah well, I better go do some more housework & not totally waste my holiday. Hope everyone had a good xmas & new year's & didn't drink too much (I can't remember, I think I was good, I know the vineyard was good hehehe).
Michelle

dirty~d~

Resident nudist
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 17, 2002
The Tank will more than likely be getting a porting job, possibly a complete engine rebuild. After the last ride we found old transmission oil inside the cover for the crank. :eek: Not sure how it got there since it wasn't the same color as the oil that is actually in the transmission. That combined with the fact that he won't start justifies a little 'spa treatment'. He's going to receive a pounding during the 2004 riding season so I'd better start sucking up to him now. :)

zero_it

~SPONSOR~
May 20, 2000
Since the temperature is hanging around 15 degrees and the world is white, I'm just leaving those bikes in the shop for the time being! I bought a new snowboard last week, so that's keeping me entertained these days. For the most part our riding season is year-round, so no special maintenance goes on in the winter months. If it's broke, fix it. If it ain't, ride it.

Moto'n Mama

~SPONSOR~
Nov 14, 2003
Well, not the bikes but the sleds did! We wont think much about the bikes untill a couple days before the reno ride I'm sure.

Both my husbands sled and my sled and helmet got new paint jobs...
Custom Paint Jobs

I got new suspension, trailing arms and bar risers and my husband got a new pipe.

I dont know that we need anything for the bikes, not yet anyway.

bbbom

~SPONSOR~
Aug 13, 1999
Hey Zero_it, did you get enough snow to test out the engineering on that steel bridge at Walker Valley? ;) We have about 2.5 feet of snow at the house & 3 foot plus on the mountain and a big storm is supposed to move in today. Maybe we'll get so much we will get snowed in - I knew we shouldn't have fixed the snowplow!

Michelle, unfortunately, our riding season is year round too but on a different ride every few months or so. The shop is in a constant rotation but it keeps us out of the bars!!! :confused: :)

altagirl

~SPONSOR~
Mar 17, 2003
New bars, handguards, air filter at the end of the season. That's about it.

Been having too much fun skiing to do much else lately. Can't believe how much snow we've gotten!

bratt

Pain in da butt
Mar 22, 2002
New Acerbis handguards that 'someone' got me for Xmas :)

firecracker22

Sponsoring Member
Oct 23, 2000
I planned on it but didn't have the money. My little girl needs to have her radiators straightened, new plastic/graphics, and a new front tire. The chain and sprocket are getting a little worn too but they're not bad yet. I think I can get another season before I need to do a top end.

PS put me on the list for boobs.

MXGirl230

Stupid tires and trees
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Dec 19, 2002
Let's see...so far:

1) Replaced the clutch perch and clutch lever (courtesy of the whoops section at ZMX www.zeelandmx.com)
2) Tag T2 handlebars, grips, and Tag upper triple clamp and bar mounts (also courtesy of the same whoops section) It's the "Tag T2 Privateer Kit..actually a great deal!
3)Acerbis MX light flag handguards (thanks again to ZMX), at the dealer waiting for me to pick up
4)Tube for front tire (thanks again to ZMX)

Still need to do, have plenty of time now that we actually have snow:

1)Oil change
2) clean air filter
3)replace rear tube
4)Install handguards

The front rim is slightly bent, but not enough to worry about, yet! That's all I've done so far..still need new plastic, I have backgrounds already..just not putting them on my faded plastic..my CR is starting to look kinda pink! I still have to replace the rear tube.
Note: I have nothing agaist ZMX, I actually really like that track (indoor). The whoops section kinda got me one night.

zero_it

~SPONSOR~
May 20, 2000
Hey back at ya bbbom! I haven't scoped it out firsthand, but I'm pretty sure the "ready for war" bridges at Walker are holding up just fine. The big excitement around here is that Tom & I built an igloo in the backyard last week. We broke two garbage cans making snow/ice blocks and wasted a bottle of cheap wine during construction. Not too bad for our first attempt I'd say. Lisa's got 3 plus feet of snow at her house. It took them 6 hours to plow from their house down to the road this weekend with the tractor. Maybe you should spin up there with your snowplow and save her a little trouble!

bbbom

~SPONSOR~
Aug 13, 1999
Yuck, tractor plowing - one winter plowing out with the dozer and I bought a cheap ugly 3/4 ton pickup with a snowplow. The radio sucks but the heater cranks!!

I'd head over to plow Lisa out but only if we get enough snow that I can run my monster truck chains on the highway without a ticket!!

So where are the photos of the igloo? Speaking of photo's did you get Karl's collage (is that how ya spell it?)?

GETMETOCA

Can't Wait For Tuesdays
Mar 17, 2002
Originally posted by zero_it
The big excitement around here is that Tom & I built an igloo in the backyard last week. We broke two garbage cans making snow/ice blocks and wasted a bottle of cheap wine during construction.

That sounds like my kinda fun! :)

Top Bottom