luv2ride3

Dec 5, 2003
Hello, my name is Brian and I am new to this site and also to dirtbikes. Bought my first dirtbike in 2002. Haven't had much time to ride, but am planning on making time as much as possible. I have ridden in the willamina trail systems a little bit and plan to head to browns camp to check it out. Are any of you familiar with places to ride this time of year near Salem?

By the way, looks like you have an awesome site here, it'll keep me busy checking it out. My family and I mostly ride atc's, but dad needs to get out on the dirtbike and play some.

pellam

Sep 28, 2003
The Tillamook Forest has a good trail system. There is also Shotgun Creek south of you. OMRA has a riding area page. I prefer the East Fort Rock area. Bit of a drive tho.

luv2ride3

Dec 5, 2003
yeah, wish there was something closer....I'm only home on the weekends right now. Time is very valuable. Should have a lot more time after the first of the year. Can you ride in the Tillamook area this time of year? I'm thinking about next Sunday or the Sunday after heading someplace for an afternoon of riding/exploring a new area.

HobRoff

Sep 10, 2003
The Tillamook is pretty ugly right now, not a good time of year to ride on the west side. Check out these websites www.albanymx.com www.northwestdirtrider.com these will help

luv2ride3

Dec 5, 2003
Thanks I'll check it out. It's been pretty wet around here. A freind of mine wants to go ride with me...he has a quad, I really don't know that many places to ride but I do know that the Willamina area has trails for trikes, quads, and dirtbikes. I'm sure that area is a muddy mess right now though.

hotrodvw

Dec 15, 2002
Check out www.etra.net. There is a section on some riding areas, also a top notch club. We host an annual National AMA Hare Scramble race down in Elkton on Memorial weekend. You should at least come by and check it out, if not enter! I agree that the East Fort Rock area is a superb riding area. Probably my favorite area to ride. All marked trail system, difficulty marked, and quad friendly.....about 99% of the trails are wide enough for quads. I drive from Eugene/Springfield for days trips over there all the time. I think it is definitely worth the drive. Only 3 or so hrs from my house. You can go out the Santiam Hwy towards Bend, and catch it from there. Enjoy! Eric

Top Bottom