Jun 12, 2005
Winter has arrived and im having problems starting my bike. Its sits in a non heated garage in the temperate it is outside and its pretty cold. I can never get the bike to start it takes forever.What are some winter starting tips or is it just my bike? I also washed the bike a week ago and just pulled the airfilter out to see what its like and it was damp and had wet spots. After a week of drying it was like this. I dono what the tunnel that leads to the carb from the airfilter is susposed to look like but it looked a bit wet. If i got water into my bike threw the air filter what would this do?

keithb7

Feb 5, 2005
Winter riding tips...Do you have studded tires? Was the damp wet spots from water or gas? Cooler winter usually means a pilot jet adjustment. This is why your bike is hard starting when it's colder outside. Have you been riding in severe rain for periods of time? Driving at a fast speed through deep puddles? Why do suspect that water went in through your cab?

Jun 12, 2005
I was power washing my bike and before that riding threw some puddles but nothing to deep. I took off the airfilter and it still didnt start. Im going to try replacing the plug. What happens if i got water into my carb and then dryed to start it?

woody 67

Oct 17, 2005
Squirt a little 2stroke oil down the spark plug hole and kick the bike over a couple of times by hand with the the plug out . If you ran a lttle water though the engine this will just help get a better seal at the rings . Make sure you don't have a rag stuffed in your air boot my wife's husband did this recently . :laugh:

jimmy 420

Dec 7, 2005
i also live in canada and the temp go down to where u should rejet for the winter i would go up on the pilot or turn the airscrew in and look at movin the needle and goin up on the main to if it is to rich u can go back down but it is better then havin a lean mixture

Top Bottom