wiring acclerator pump to actuator on carb

JustinC628

Mar 12, 2008
I few people recommended me wiring the plastic acclerator pump arm to the metal actuator arm on my 05 CRF250R to help with throttle responce. The said it make a tremendous difference but I'm a little hesitant to do it. Have any of you guys done this mod? If so, all you have to do is wire the two things together? Are there any drawbacks to doing this?

XR250rdr

May 27, 2003
Use an o-ring instead.

Like this:
o-ringpic-1.jpg

_JOE_

~SPONSOR~
May 10, 2007
You will need to remove the pump diaphragm down by the bowl. There is a rivet that nedds to be shaved down to allow more movement of the actuator rod. It will bottom out if you dont. If you can afford it, I would recommend the jd jetting kit. It comes with an o-ring to use rather than wire, and some main jets as well as a couple needles. You should switch to a larger leak jet if you shave the diaphragm though. Good luck!

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
Took me a minute to see the O-ring.

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
I never had issues with the rod bottoming out. You can buy a modded diaphragm and not risk making the rubber stiff grinding the nipple off. There is a aftermarket ap adjuster that supposedly takes care of having to wire it up. If you use the o ring, get a bunch, they wear out!

JustinC628

Mar 12, 2008
Thanks for the replys eveyone. I ordered a JD jet kit today, but the kit description didn't mention it came with the o-ring. So basically, just slip that o-ring around there and that's it? You don't have to adjust that spring or anything?

_JOE_

~SPONSOR~
May 10, 2007
You should check the timing of the squirt while you are playin around with it(thats what the spring/screw is for). It should just miss the bottom of the slide when you open the throttle.

dmdee99

Apr 24, 2006
Am I missing something because I don't see where the o-ring is??

Can someone enlighten me??????

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
The O ring isn't being used in the normal O ring manner but more like a rubberband.

helio lucas

~SPONSOR~
Jun 20, 2007
there is no O´ring, is a D´ring. :)
it take me some time as well because it looked like the end of the spring.

dmdee99

Apr 24, 2006
Thanks everyone. I see it now. I have been doing some more research and people are saying that they use 2 o-rings. A small one and a large one. In the picture I only see one. Where does the other one go? Do I need 2 o-rings?

Thanks

Top Bottom