Wisconsin lost a major part of MX history/ support

oldguy

Always Broken
Dec 26, 1999
I just returned from a weekend deerhunting to find an email that Mike Gaborsky passed away on Thursday November 17. Mike along with his wife Gayle have owned the Torque Center which has been a staple at district 16 races for as long as anyone racing the district can remember. Mike started the business out of the trunk of his car while he was a local A rider in order to help pay his way to races. He never forgot how hard riders sometimes struggle to compete and there are very few who haven't had Mike hand them a lever or some other part so they could keep racing that day. Mike was often quick to tell them to fix their bike and come back to square up after their moto. Mike also often helped a struggling rider by 'forgetting' about the parts.
I know he has saved the day for my son on several occasions by changing out a tube in minutes or sending a new set of bars to our trailer so they were there when we pushed the crashed out bike back to our pits.
Mike and Gayle were the heart and sole of District 16 MX serving on numerous boards seeing to it that the district thrived.
Our loss of Mike as an organization is nothing compared to Gayles loss and my heart goes out to her. Those of us that have known Mike mourn him and those that didn't personally meet him missed a big part of MX history
Godspeed Mike #42 you are now free of your Earthly imparments and back on the track roosting with the best of them :ride:

kmccune

2-Strokes forever
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 3, 1999
I didn't know him being from this part of WI but I did do business with him. I'll keep Gayle and him in my prayers.

YZ165

YZabian
May 4, 2004
Sorry to hear that, GodSpeed Brother. Matt

IrishEKU

A General PITA.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 21, 2002
God Bless...

This coming Thurs, many have much to be thankfull for.

OLD Guy, I don't know the folks you speak of, but I recognize your loss and are with you brother.

Irish

oldguy

Always Broken
Dec 26, 1999
Just got home from the celebration of Mikes life and it was unbelievable. Many tracks would be overcome if this many riders turned out for a race. When we got there at 5:15 the line to get in was 45 minutes long and it just kept growing all night long. It was a very positive night as the stories about Mike were flowing andaltho many tears were shed it proved that the MX community is truly a family
This appeared on RacerX online today

Motocross lost a good man in Mike Gaborsky

From our publisher Scott Wallenberg: “Mike Gaborsky, one of the all time pillars of the Wisconsin motocross scene, passed away on Nov.17th.

Mike and his wife Gayle started in the motocross scene back in 1971 selling numbers, oil, and spark plugs from the trunk of their car at Aztalan Cycle Park. This trackside business grew to one of the Midwest's first all motocross retail and mail order store. Torque Center USA in New Berlin, Wisconsin. Mike also was a pioneer in starting the Old Time Blasters Seniors event at Aztalan which has now evolved into the Racer X Vet Series.

“Mike had been suffering from Parkinson's disease these past few years and in lieu of flowers a donation in Mike's name to the Wisconsin Parkinson's Association Research Fund 945 N. 12th St. Suite 4602 Milwaukee, WI 53201.”

Gary B.

~SPONSOR~
Apr 17, 2000
This is the first I've heard of this. I'm really saddened. :( Mike was a phy-ed teacher when my wife was in high school. Years later, when I got involved with ATV's (what was I thinkin'?) he helped me get set up with the right gear, parts, etc. Over the years I spent thousands of dollars at Torque Center, money well spent. Mike always cut us great deals, especially when my two sons and wife started to ride.Mike and Gayle were always there with a warm "Hello! How are the kids?" greeting and had time to discuss, inform, and answer any kind of dumb question I had. It's people like him that make motorcycling a great sport. He will truly be missed. :|

Godspeed Mike. You and Gayle are in our prayers.

Top Bottom