Lutz

Oct 3, 2001
There are quite a few places in Wisconsin to ride. I'm from way up north - Lake Superior area, but I'm living in Milwaukee while I go to school. Anyway, if you go to the Wisconsin DNR website, they have a listing of registered off-road motorcycling trails. There are some near Madison, and there is Bong State Recreation Area in Kenosha county. I've never riden in the southern part of the state, but as far as I know, most of the riding down here is really flat. Another site to go to is the Madison Motorcycle Club page, they have a lot of info there, and a way to contact people who should know a lot about where to ride.

Sorry I don't have the links in this email, but if you do a quick search, they'll pop right up.

I was wondering myself if anyone here has ridden some of the trails in Ashland and Bayfield counties - Dead Horse Run and Valhalla especially. I'm planning to get there sometime, but I'd like to know how good they are.

Good riding!

kdx633

Aug 12, 2003
have ridden both trails you mentioned extensivley.Dead horse is very wet, rocks ,sand,roots,some "holes" can be deep stay to the outside edges.It's a great ride,easily completed in a day.Valhalla "tri-county corridor"trails have added some new miles i have not ridden.alot of the older stuff is cool two track and old rail grade.flambeau trails are good (park falls area) some long mileage but easy going.perkins town is nice but short 20 miles(medford area).black river trails lots of sand (black river falls area).some where around wausau is limited single track tight stuff opportunity.Sorry ca'nt remember name.Just a little farther north in michigan there is the ottawa national forest with some riding opportunity.Un fortunatly wisconsin doesnt recognize off road motorcycling's financial potential and most of the state and county trails are off limits to bikes unlike atv's.If you are interested in more riding area's I strongly urge you to contact the county representitives responsible for these areas.

Moto Squid

~SPONSOR~
Jul 22, 2002
What type of riding do you want to do?? There are a number of mx tracks within a few hours of milwaukee...aztalan(awesome track!), lake geneva, lomira, gravity park, wisconsin rapids....Where exacly in Wi are you?

braulsy

Jan 14, 2004
Moto Squid said:
What type of riding do you want to do?? There are a number of mx tracks within a few hours of milwaukee...aztalan(awesome track!), lake geneva, lomira, gravity park, wisconsin rapids....Where exacly in Wi are you?
I;m in the madison area, is that aztalan track open for public riding? Gravity park?

Moto Squid

~SPONSOR~
Jul 22, 2002
Aztalan is by membership only...and I believe difficult to get in the club. Gravity Park is a pay-as-you-play or you can due a seasonal membership. Last year that was $200 vs. $40 + $15 per session or something like that. They only had practice tue/wed/non-racing fridays nights last year so that kinda sucked.

N

Nemokapi

Mx Track Near madison

Hey Guys!

I just wondering if you guys know any motocross track near madison!Near I mean like 30 miles around!I always go to CMJ Raceway but that is 2 hours from here!So that's why I'm looking for a close one!Anykind!

Thanks

Top Bottom