wiseco piston in an 'A' cylinder

r.2 stroke

~SPONSOR~
Dec 29, 2001
Hi there guys,
Iv'e got an 'A' spec cylinder in my '99 220r,and i bought a Wiseco piston for it,should i be fussy and measure the piston and the cylinder for the correct clearance,which wisco suggests should be .0025 in,OR just put it in and ride as most people i know suggest!
Just asking becourse my cylinder is the tightest,and don't want to destroy it for the sake of a couple of measurements,any help/answers?? :think:

Canadian Dave

Super Power AssClown
Apr 28, 1999
If you are at all concerned measure everything up. If nothing else it will be worth the peice of mind. I'm running a Wiseco piston in my A cylinder 220 with no problems but better safe than sorry.

David

canyncarvr

~SPONSOR~
Oct 14, 1999
Howcome you not-us-of-a types get the good cylinders?

I think you should measure it up....just cuz I want to know how it turns out;)

.0025" is on the too-much side of an OEM setup.....wiseco being forged and all, you need to be a bit big on the clearance. I'd be surprised if you get that in an 'A' cylinder and a wiseco piston.

Doesn't mean it won't work. You might be a bit careful with it, though. If your break-in method is on the anemic side, change it with the wiseco.

r.2 stroke

~SPONSOR~
Dec 29, 2001
Thanks for the replies Canadian Dave and Canyncrvr,I'll get it all measured up this week hopefully,be good to know what the measurements are in any case.Nice to know that C. Dave has got the same cylinder and piston and it all works good.
Just as a side note,i noticed that the rings supplied with the Wiseco piston are made in Japan,and the piston pin is made in Taiwan,but pleased to see that the box that the kit came in was 'printed in U.S.A'!LOL!! :silly:

Top Bottom