shnalln

~SPONSOR~
Nov 11, 2002
Ok, first rebuild (CR250 '02)...my question is this, Wiseco Pistons have what we'll call a standard piston and a racers choice piston, looking at the product info page the racers choice is electra plated with different rings being PN 2614CS versus 2614CD if that matters at all. So, whats the advantage, is the racers choice domed instead of flat? Where do the extra Revs come from that they are promoting? Are there any other advantages/disadvantages to this racers choice piston?

bclapham

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 5, 2001
i think the special racers piston only use 1 ring and are designed to be changed more often (i could be wrong)- i would stick with the regular prolite wiseco- piston kit + bearing and gaskets for $120 from motosportoutlet! :thumb:

dirt bike dave

Sponsoring Member
May 3, 2000
If you are interested in using Honda parts, Mach 1 Motorsports has a top end kit special at an excellent price.

http://www.mach1motorsports.com/

Go to the 'Accessories' section.  For your bike the top end kit is only about $85!  They also have top end specials for other Honda, Yamaha and KTM bikes.

Last edited:

shnalln

~SPONSOR~
Nov 11, 2002
Yep, it's a single ring piston, has anyone used it? Does it require more frequent ring replacements? Seems like it would produce more friction on the single ring versus two rings hence more frequent ring changes (makes cents).

That is a good price on the Honda piston, thanks both of you for your replies.

Any other oppinions?

mxer842

~SPONSOR~
Nov 11, 2003
it does require more ring changes but it makes the piston lighter so it revs faster and freeer.

Top Bottom