Wiseco Pro-Lite

125 rider

Sponsoring Member
Oct 1, 2000
I ordered a Wiseco Pro-lite piston kit for my yz the other day and just finished putting it in. It had a stock piston in it beforehand. How do the pro-lites hold up? What kind of performance gains over stock? Just went through the first heat cycle and am looking forward to riding it tomorrow as its been apart in my basement for some time now.

Matt_H

Sep 13, 2001
Pro lites are good I ran them all this summer in my kx125 with good results. But at the end if the season I must have gotten a dud cause on my second ride the piston(the top of it not skirt), broke into 4 pieces right down the middle taking out my cylinder. So I'm going back to my stocker pistons now. Hope you have good luck though.

Matt

Durt Cycler

Trial Subscriber
~SPONSOR~
Nov 13, 2001
Originally posted by Matt_H
But at the end if the season I must have gotten a dud cause on my second ride the piston(the top of it not skirt), broke into 4 pieces right down the middle taking out my cylinder.
Matt

Most likely it wasn't a piston failure. If it was Wiseco has a 30 day warranty on defective pistons.

As for Wiseco Pro-Lite pistons they are great piston and are much lighter then O.E.M pistons. Just run 92 or above octane gas, clean your filter othen, and run a good 2-stroke oil at 32:1 and you will get great results from the Pro-Lite piston. Good luck...;)

spanky250

Mod Ban
Dec 10, 2000
Wiseco is all I run, and they are good pistons. They are forged, though, so they must be broken in right or you stand a good chance of seizing the engine. One heat cycle is not enough. Do a search on break-ins, it has been discussed many times.

125 rider

Sponsoring Member
Oct 1, 2000
I realize that spanky, it was getting dark when i finished putting it back together so one is all i could squeeze in without aggravating the neighbors.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…