mafols

Sponsoring Member
Nov 24, 2001
Hello woods riders...Has anybody ridden the area in Southwest Arkansas call Wolf Pen Gap? What are the trails like?The camping area? Would it be worth a long drive for a 3-4 day trip? Any info will be apprecicated...Thanks:D

GBKTM

Nov 13, 2001
I don't know of Wolf Pen Gap but, there is a good riding area at White Rock that is pretty big, some knarly trails there I am told. I have ridden some of the trails on group rides but thats it. maybe you could do a couple of days at each if they are close together.

Happy Riding:)

96XRBoy

Dec 17, 2000
I think that Wolf Pen Gap is closed due to last winter ice storms.:( The trails are wide and fast (read fun), there are several long hill climbs with many switchbacks. The camping area is very nice they have A-frame cabins, RV sites and tent sites. One of the best things is you get to ride from the camping site to the trail. Wolf Pen Gap Campground

Here is a web page that has more info on AR riding and an update on Wolf Pen Gap WPG Info

Todd Turner

Dec 24, 2000
Possible alternative to Wolf Pen

I have never ridden Wolf Pen Gap but have heard it can sometimes be overrun by ATV's concentrating on one mudhole and splashing about all day. Good riding, though.

If Wolf Pen Gap is closed, check out Bear Creek at Lake Greeson. Its probably another hour or so south east of Mena near Kirby, AR. These trails may also be closed due to the same ice storm.

There used to be miles and miles of dedicated bike trails (pretty tight) as well some that ATV's could make it down. Its pretty rocky and hilly (for those of us from the flatlands of bayou country) and some of the trails are blue from the tire spin. To put it in perspective, back in the 80's I rode these trails on my XR 250 with a buddy on his new KDX200. I had a blast thumping through the woods, he was dying with not-yet-dialed in the peaky two stroke. Those big hills are a blast on the DR435 (Thumper Racing equipped).

On your map, look for Kirby, SW of Hot Springs. Most of the land is US Army Corp of Engineers so check out their ranger station for trail conditions. Bike shops in Texarkana would also be up on the trail conditions.

The trail runs along the NE corner of the lake and you can see the lake from time to time as you slice through the trees. I haven't been up there in three or four years but it is nice riding.

Enjoy!

Top Bottom