wolverine

Jan 9, 2002
Can anyone give me some directions as to where the camping site for this ride (June 27-27) is going to be at? I do know where to turn in to go to Webber lake but where do I go from there? Also can I join the ccc & pay my dues up there? Thanks DW

ps. My email add is hrlyfatboy00@aol.com

bbarel

Mi. Trail Riders
Apr 13, 2003
Got this at http://www.cycleconservationclub.org/v_nav/ccc_events.html

Directions: Take I-75 to Exit 290 (Vanderbilt).Turn left (west) onto
Old U.S. 27, take that north 2 1/4 miles to C-48 (Thumb Lake Road). Turn left onto C-48 Thumb Lake Rd. and follow that 3 1/2 miles to Magee Rd. Turn right on Magee and follow that 4 1/2 miles and then turn left onto CCC Road, follow that for 2 1/4 miles to the staging area, across from the Great Lakes Gas plant. Tomahawk will have all these intersections well marked to get you in. For reference, see page 9 of the CCC mapbook. The staging area IS NOT the parking area or campground noted in the mapbook, it is a private unpublished site.

Yeah, you can join the ccc at the event.

fatherandson

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 3, 2001
Keep an eye out for a black Ford van (the black widow) with Enduro Engineering (EE) emblems in the back windows - that will be me.

Mike

CircuitRider

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 20, 2002
It's a beautiful day in the neighborhood !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The hills of Chandler near Wolverine were alive with the sound of music.... 2 and 4 stroke music....

Sunshine, cool weather, good trails...

Ya'all really shoulda been there...

Mike Sr.

SPARKEY

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
May 7, 2001
Wolverine ride report!

WOW. what a trail system, Wolverine that is.
This track has it all from freshly cut new trail, to the original
Trail which is also excellent to say the least.
It was great to meet two DRNers Tim R from Alabama and KelvinKDX from Ohio, made the trip up to ride.
They were also riding KDX’s, ;)

Fatherandson who already new Tim and Jim
from dirt week and other events, also along for this event.

We rode the B loop twice Saturday.
Liked it so much we rode it again Sunday, about 120 miles for the two days.

For those of you who have not rode wolverine, it is worth the trip.
The B loop is top notch in my book of favorites :yeehaw: .

I'll be back again next year!
See ya soon

Sparkey

fatherandson

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 3, 2001
Sparkey,

Did you pick up my new pit bike? I am sure that I won. I will need it for Trailfest to race FredT.

Tim and Jim called me from the road on Sunday. They had a great time and are already talking about a return trip to Michigan. They should plan on mid October and make it to Trailfest at the clubgrounds.

Mike

KelvinKDX

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 25, 2000
Mike,

Send me your dads email addy. I'd like to send him a note of thanks for letting us crash at his pad. Thanks to you too for your hospitality!!

...and yes - the trails at Wolverine were top notch. If there are any more rides up there this year or if just a bunch of you MTR guys are going there to ride PLEASE drop me a line and i'll try to shoot up from Ohio. I may be a Buckeye but i did grow up a Wolverine.

JimK

Top Bottom