Smit-Dog

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 28, 2001

fatherandson

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 3, 2001
We are getting to the point in the Family Enduro Series where the regular attendees can begin to "drop" their worst ride. We are counting your best five finishes for the banquet at the end of the year. The FES clubs have been very supportive of the banquet fund and we should be able to provide trophies and goodies to at least the top three in each class. Please be sure to thank the clubs for putting on these events.
I hope to see everyone in Wolverine in a few weeks. You can count on a "fatherandson check team" to be some where on the trail.

fatherandson

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 3, 2001
Fred T and I helped lay out the Family Enduro event in Wolverine. Most of the trail is on the ORV bike trail, but it is the western edge of the B loop and does get a lot of use. It will be a challenge for most riders. It is a 15 mile loop of hills and trees...not a lot of whoops or logs. If you find the first lap to be easy, have fun at 18 mph on the second loop.
I will see everyone on Friday night or Saturday morning.

WomanRider

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Jul 19, 2006
fatherandson said:
Fred T and I helped lay out the Family Enduro event in Wolverine. Most of the trail is on the ORV bike trail, but it is the western edge of the B loop and does get a lot of use. It will be a challenge for most riders. It is a 15 mile loop of hills and trees...not a lot of whoops or logs. If you find the first lap to be easy, have fun at 18 mph on the second loop.
I will see everyone on Friday night or Saturday morning.

I wish I was riding this. That's my favorite section of trail. I love those hills.

SNDMN2

Jul 18, 2003
Pretty much new to the Enduro race. I've only ridden one and that was the Family Enduro in Kalkaska earlier in the year.
Would someone give me a quick meaning of "restart format,non-timkeeping" ? Also,"test sections" ?

Thanks

bbarel

Mi. Trail Riders
Apr 13, 2003
Basically instead of resets where you have to figure out when to leave they have workers there TELLING you when to leave. Each section after a restart is considered a "test section" but they are no different than sections in any other enduro. Then they usually make the avg speed so high (e.g 30mph) that NOBODY can stay on time and time keeping is irrelevent.

Top Bottom