Asrith

Jul 18, 2001
Few of us are going to be riding Wolverine on 9/28 and 9/29.

We will be camping somewhere, just wanted to give heads up if anyone would like to join us. Thanks, Jim.

fatherandson

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 3, 2001
Tom, I thought this was YOUR event. Anything you can do about the early key time? In my opinion 9:00 is too early with the shorter races and much improved scorekeeping.

CR250R@WINTERS

~SPONSOR~
May 28, 2004
F&S,
Who said anything about this one being a short one. :laugh:

And Bill is not going to be there to assist in timekeping. Hopefully it will go as smooth as it has been.

KTM Mike

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Apr 9, 2001
By the end of this weekend we will know for sure how long it is!

Jim - there will be some sweet event trail on this one - sign up and just trail ride it - ride your own pace and enjoy! You dont get stuff like this on any ORV trail in the state! There will be some connector trail that is nice and easy to catch your breath on. After finishing some arrowing in one section last night, Cr and I rode a little bit - once the trail gets burnt in - yeehaw!

Asrith

Jul 18, 2001
I will run it by the guys, I just joined the AMA so I can be official, soon will be d-14.

I would love to check this out. Thanks Mike. Steve a lansing cycle prompted me as well being while being at Wolverine.

We will be staying at a lodge and have plenty of extra room if anyone needs a place to crash.

Wolverine423

~SPONSOR~
Oct 2, 2005
tdunn976 said:
New trail everywhere! :cool:
Key time 9:00am
Cost $41.00
41.00????? Why so much?..When I first started in 2005 it was 25.00.....

Asrith

Jul 18, 2001
Anyone tell me about the Tomahawk loops? Which one to ride what to look out for, any info on these trails would be helpful, all i keep hearing is it is real nice.

Is it sandy ?

2TrakR

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 1, 2002
Note the DNR just closed Weber Lake State Forest Campground, a favorite in the area, due to a faulty water well. Temporary closure, but probably won't open until next year (my guess).

Anyone tell me about the Tomahawk loops?
B Loop has most of the newer trail in it. The far west loop is a plated cycle loop in that there is a connector on the north side of the loop that requires a plate (tenth of a mile of pavement in the boonies, I've heard of guys "pushing" their bikes the distance). You can get to that section using the southern half of the loop on unplated bikes, according to the markers on the ground.

B Loop also has the tougher hills and is probably the more technical of the three.
This system is maintained for cycles, some of the last single track in the lower peninsula. A Loop has been getting more ATV traffic, but the MCCCT that winds through the A Loop (separate trail mostly) is still pretty tight.

Cheboygan county is open to ORVs on county roads. The A & C Loops are in Cheboygan county. Note that the B Loop is not, nor is the parking lot between the three loops.

Most of these loops are hilly to some extent. The A Loop is probably the most sandy and flat of the three.

89TRX350RX

Oct 1, 2006
Looking for a couple of extras???

Which loop will you be riding on what day and what time? If your interested, my riding buddy and I are looking to ride on either of those two days. He may like to go to Wolverine. If you want some "extras" to ride with, post up!
Thanks, Jamie

Asrith

Jul 18, 2001
Jamie,
We will be leaving friday, and realistically hitting the trail around 2 or 3 pm. One of our guys is leaving around 11 or so from just north of Detroit. I am leaving Flint area about 10 ish and it takes just under 3 hours to get to Wolverine. There will be 4 of us. 2 kdxs, 1 kx, and 1 ktm. We will be staying at Bolinger's Riverview Cabins, address is 13304 S.Straights Hwy. Wolverine, MI 49799. or you can email me. We will be at the lodge, the onlye one they have. jimsmith714@gmail.com for more.

We have not yet determined which loop for friday, or saturday.

Extras are good, the more the merrier.

Jim

Don Marsh

~SPONSOR~
Jun 5, 2001
Jim,
If the "Canadian Yahoos" show up you will have fun. :) :ride:
Jamie.....throw some roost for me. I will be playing couch potato this weekend, recovering. :(
Don

Asrith

Jul 18, 2001
Don,

Get well, and if the Canadians show up, awesome, we have lots of room.

Jamie, we should be easy to find, red dodge truck, black dodge truck, and Mariner(explorer) red.

See you out there!

89TRX350RX

Oct 1, 2006
If we are to come down, it would likely be Saturday, What time is likely for the ride, as it would be close to a 2 hr ride down for us. I met Don, DW, Fred and Paul at Wolverine last summer and had a blast. They were just out for a trail ride... :whoa: , at least that is what they said... then they showed us some roost... :yell:

Oh well, it was fun

Jamie

89TRX350RX

Oct 1, 2006
Don Marsh said:
Jim,
If the "Canadian Yahoos" show up you will have fun. :) :ride:
Jamie.....throw some roost for me. I will be playing couch potato this weekend, recovering. :(
Don

Don, I hope you take it easy and let it heal up good!

Wolverine423

~SPONSOR~
Oct 2, 2005
Don Marsh said:
Jamie.....throw some roost for me. I will be playing couch potato
You mean throw me another sandwhich........."couch boy" :nener:

Hopefully Deb will bake a bunch of sweets and really drive you nuts :laugh:

Your friend,
DW

Asrith

Jul 18, 2001
Wolverine C loop was a lot of fun, and rode that friday. The B loop was much tighter and a lot of fun. I could not believe how tight the trail was, but the bike worked well. I did end up somehow climbing a inch and a half tree with my bike all of 6 feet. I cannot recall how it happened, before I knew it the bike was climbing the tree! I did put a small dent in my new EE pipe, which Lansing cycle will have to take out over the winter.
Sat. night we where all hit, and tired. Sunday I was pretty worn out and hit my foot on the trail pretty good on sat. I switched boots, my tech 6's that where given to me seem a bit to stiff for the trail.

Time for some new handguards I think, the ktm hardparts resin ones dont seem to hold up to hit as well, they get loose easy.

I dont know who made these trails but sure where awesome.

Wolverine was a hoot and some really tight stuff, hills and hardly any sand.

Top Bottom