BadgerMan

Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 1, 2001
:clue:

Red and I have an opportunity to get away next weekend and we’re tentatively thinking of riding Wolverine on the 25th (Saturday). It does not look like much else is going on, so there should be lots of takers……….

We will probably stay in Kalkaska on Friday and Saturday nights and commute from there.

Smit-Dog

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 28, 2001
WreckShaw and I are smack-talking about heading up to Wolverine for a day-trip. You see, we need to keep up our grueling once-a-month riding regimen, and if we don't get out by 9/26, we'll be soooooo outta shape for TF. This would be Sunday, if you can stick around for another run.

So.... if RedGreen promises to wait-up for his elders aboard his RaceTech-equipped KDXterminator, I think we may be joining you!

2TrakR

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 1, 2002
What? Not much happening? Pshaw! The Vintage Ride Trail Tour (CCC ride) is happening over to Ranch Rudolf.
All the free horse poo you can step in ;-)
Vintage Bike not required; vintage mind optional.

rickshaw

Sponsoring Member
Sep 24, 2000
Once a month riding regimen...try once this year! :yikes: I've never ridden Wolverine and would love to make it on Sunday only.

BadgerMan

Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 1, 2001
Sorry guys. As much as I would like to stick around and ride Sunday, I have to get Red home so he can work on Sunday afternoon/evening. Is Saturday a possibility? It would be great to ride Wolverine with youz guys. Geez, I think it's been about twenty years since I've ridden with Ricky.

woodsy

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 16, 2002
I LOVE WOLVERINE - you guys have a BLAST out there ya hear!!! Oh yea, watch out for rocks rolling down those hills - a kind of "bowling for bikers" that can be a lot of fun :nener:

Dreamin (about going with ya's) and Steamin (about not being able to)
Woodsy

rickshaw

Sponsoring Member
Sep 24, 2000
Tim, I would love to ride with you and Red on Saturday...but it's Parent's Night for Brighton Youth Football.

So I'll settle for a Sunday ride, even if it's with my pumpkin brother in black - Slick Dog :eek:

It's been two seasons since riding with you due to business conflicts with TF. See you on the 23RD!

Smit-Dog

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 28, 2001
BadgerMan said:
... I have to get Red home so he can work on Sunday afternoon/evening.
Hmmmm..... :think:

Tell you what.... Howza 'bout RickShawRacing and I hire Red to be our TrailBoss on Sunday, and afterwards we'll treat him to Northern Michigan's finest at Micelli's Corner in Harrison?

#1 - More ridin' time
#2 - Still get paid
#3 - Better appreciation of Southern Michigan's finest

Attachments

• RickShawRacing.gif
    RickShawRacing.gif
    11 KB · Views: 138

BadgerMan

Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 1, 2001
Last call for Wolverine?

Sorry guys but Sunday just won't work for us.

Red and I are heading north tomorrow after work. Four of us are riding on Saturday (Red, Loctite, a friend from work, and myself) but we would love to have more company. I am guessing we will arrive up in Wolverine at about 10:00-10:30 on Satuday if anyone else can make the trip.

BTW, any suggestions on which trail to ride (A, B, C, etc?). Never been there before.

YZMAN400

Dec 2, 2003
I am going next weekend 10-2/3 checkbook willing. We are ridding loop B and C. I am told these are the best.

Have a good time. Wish we could hook up there but the dates dont work. Latter.

Smit-Dog

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 28, 2001
Sorry, can't make Saturday. Daughter's soccer game, son's boy scout event.

But Sunday I have a date w/ Mr. RickityShaw... :ride:

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
Tim
Ride the "B" loop for sure, there's some new stuff in it now that will draw your attention. :aj:

Keep that Loctite fella in goos shape so he can whoop me again at the next enduro Oct 10th. Can't wait to get into the "SS" class next year and get away from ol speedy Loctite. :nener:

Have fun in Wolverine. I'm headed over the big bridge to play in the rocks of marquette this weekend ans speed through the plains. Can't wait -I leave Friday morning too. :aj:

Smit-Dog

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 28, 2001
Fred T said:
... Can't wait to get into the "SS" class next year and get away from ol speedy Loctite. :nener:
And if only those other fast B-Senior riders wouldn't age... ;)

Godzuki

Sep 22, 2004
now yzman so here you say your going but on thumpertalk you might be going hehehe.

ill introduce myself here now i got the link here from yzman i think i may have rode with some of you guys a month ago, at long lake and missaukee junction, a good ride that day. i wont be going to this one due to a mountain of bills that will leave me very close to negative cash on friday. but its nice to see there is a active group on this site. we have a decent group on thumpertalk to. i hope to get a chance to ride with you guys some time soon.

Drew 674

Jul 25, 2002
were you guys at the wolverine marathon about 11:00 on saturday?

Someone had a black trailer and a dual sport in the back of a truck...then a couple other bikes in a truck?

BadgerMan

Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 1, 2001
Drew 674 said:
were you guys at the wolverine marathon about 11:00 on saturday?

Someone had a black trailer and a dual sport in the back of a truck...then a couple other bikes in a truck?

Nope, wasn’t us. We snuck in the back way Satuday morning from Boyne via 40 miles of dirt roads (Craig was navigatin’). We left around 4:30pm and zipped through Wolverine proper but we were in a silver truck and towing a gray trailer.

How was the riding? Two words…………..dusty……….dusty. We rode the B-loop in its entirety and were not left wanting more for sure. What a great trail, we will definitely be back.

I am here to tell you, if you take your MX bike up there to ride that loop, you’re gonna get pummeled! I would have gladly traded my YZF for Red’s RaceTech KDX but he was having so much fun I decided it would be better to tough it out on the Yamaha. Funny thing, I have been considering adding some weight to my flywheel but I rode the entire loop (even the new sections) without stalling the YZF. The suspension was harsh in the roots and rocks though even after being softened up by MXTech. I suppose I could have compensated further with the clickers but I am pretty lazy when it comes to trailside adjustments and I also did not want to adversely affect the handling in the whoop sections. And, even though the settings were harsh, they never put me off the trail or on the ground.

All in all, a great day. Although I am still blowing the dust outta my nose, I had a great time.

Side note:

In one of the quad accessible sections of the B-loop, someone went out of their way to plow down a bunch of saplings into the trail with a big quad. If the person who did it is reading this, I would just like to add……..YOU ARE AN IDIOT!

Top Bottom