GirlriderMOM

Aug 19, 2001
8/29 UPDATE

Nicole started the day a little cranky. After two days of competition and pressure to get the bike readied in 10 minutes did not set well. The course was different today but still long and slick, rough roads. There was a steep hill (terrain like the garden just being tilled) and a very difficult rock that you had to launch the bike to get over. But she or Amanda have not houred out. Amanda is riding great and having a good time. She is just a little behind Nicole as far as points.

Suzy is improving but will require a long recovery. Her husband (Darryl) says she is anxious to leave the hospital but she will not be able to for a few more days.

LoriKTM

Super Power AssClown
Oct 4, 1999
New Mexico
Thanks Bert! I don't know about anyone else, but I look forward to these updates every day! :)

Can't blame Nicole on the stress level-- the ISDE is as mentally tough as it is physically tough. Keep up the good work, ladies! Nicole, re-read your jersey for inspiration!

Leapin Lisa

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 30, 2001
I'm with you on that, Lori. I really appreciate Bert's updates and look forward to them. I haven't been this hooked on something in . . . well, I don't think ever.

I can't imagine being a LITTLE tense and testy after two days of competition because I know I'd be an EXTREMELY difficult person be around cause I don't handle competition well. When I think about the abuse their bodies and bikes are enduring in this race, the thought of only ten minutes to ready your bike for the next day to me sounds too minimal. I'd be a wreck myself.

Keep up the great work Nicole and Amanda!

Gosh, so she does sweat! :p

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
:)

LoriKTM

Super Power AssClown
Oct 4, 1999
New Mexico
Didja notice those DRN stickers on Nicole's and Amanda's front fenders?
(Plus the sticker on Amanda's helmet got nice placement in the photo!) :) :) :cool:

Last edited:

GirlriderMOM

Aug 19, 2001
8/30 UPDATE

They are still hanging in there. They really have no way to improve so they are taking longer brakes to concentrate on maintaining their bikes so they can be there for the finish. It did rain for a while which made the course somewhat different than yesterday. The course seems to be longer than they anticipated. It seems to be the same length as the first two days, approximately 195 miles.

Nicole says to tell those who understand "She wore her yellow jersey".

Suzy is doing much better.:) The tubes have been removed and she is setting up and of course, seems more cheerful.

Yamaholley

Jul 12, 2001
I wish the best for Nicole and Amanda...keep your spirits high, and go for it!
and am happy to hear that Suzy is ok, and will make a full recovery.
thanks to Bert for the updates..
I don't know anyone since I'm new, but I almost feel as if I do :)

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
Didn't Amanda get a free "skunk helmet" from Arai? Or does Arai not do that for the women?

LoriKTM

Super Power AssClown
Oct 4, 1999
New Mexico
Take another look at the pictures, 'Predator. They all got the coveted skunk helmets. :cool:

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
Amanda's is a Shoei, though.

From what I've read in the past, Arai gives out a skunk lid to any and all who qualify.

Amanda is probably already sponsored by Shoei, though, so that would probably explain it.:confused:

Top Bottom