GirlriderMOM

Aug 19, 2001
Let me introduce myself. I am Nicole's (Girlrider) Mom. I will post updates when she phones me and advises their results. They will be in France Tuesday, August 21 and will begin racing on August 27. GOOD LUCK, USA LADIES.:)

Bert

Last edited:

GirlriderMOM

Aug 19, 2001
8-23-01 UPDATE

I just spoke to Nicole (Girlrider). She, her helmet and her luggage have now joined her in France. Actually, her helmet did not arrive at her home before they left for the airport so she met the air freight at another town (Silverthorne, CO) on the way to the airport and retrieved it. Her luggage did not leave Paris on their flight but after a five hour wait, it did arrive and away they went in their somewhat small rental car to their somewhat small accomodations (typical for Europe). The container with motorcycles and equipment has not yet arrived but they hope it will tomorrow (Friday) because the motorcycles are impounded on Saturday and they will not longer be able to fine tune them. The saga will continue with my next update.

CNM

Sponsoring Member
Dec 28, 1999
Thanks for the update! Please let us know how they are doing. Tell Nicole good luck for us. We're all pulling for them!

brraaap

May 23, 2001
When looking at the results, you want to look at the columns: Pénalité, Temps, Ecart.

Pénalité = The amount of penalty points accumulated by being late (or early) to a check. 1 point for every minute late (or early). This will be added to the total points accumulated in each terrain test and grass track. It looks like Nicole accumulated 27 penalty points.

Temps = The total amount of time it took to get through all of the special tests.

Ecart = The total amount of time behind the leader in the class. You will notice the leader of the class will have a score of 0:00

It looks like Amanda *may* have houred out since her penalty points are more than 1 hour. She may ride Day 2 on protest, but we'll see after day 3.

I hope this helps.

-Mark

GirlriderMOM

Aug 19, 2001
8/27 UPDATE

I just spoke to Nicole. (1:10 MDT) She says the course is a lot of roads and even the trails are wide. There are a lot of steep downhills, slippery grass and roots and some other unique characteristics like riding up some steps at the beginning of the race. The course also goes through town which means dealing with local traffic. It cannot be compared to what we typically ride here in the West (USA). The course is two loops, a total of 197 miles. She took some spills but was not hurt. She was about 15 minutes late and then her bike had to be readied for tomorrow before impound. The course will be the same tomorrow.
AMANDA did well. She is some behind Nicole.
SUZIE had a serious accident and is in the hospital with internal bleeding. No one saw the accident so she is the only one who knew what happened. Her husband is with her. Please say a prayer for her quick recovery.
For additional coverage and live footage, go to www.amadirectlink.com.

CNM

Sponsoring Member
Dec 28, 1999
Congrats to Nicole and Amanda. I can't wait for more updates.

My prayers are with Suzy. I've spoken to her a few times through e-mail, and been at a few of the same races but have never met her. I know she is an awesome rider. I hate to hear about her being hurt and hope she recovers quickly.

LoriKTM

Super Power AssClown
Oct 4, 1999
New Mexico
Thanks for the update, Bert! Even second hand, it's more informative than getting it through the websites.

I am extrememely sorry to hear about Suzy's accident. :(
PLEASE keep us posted on her condition. I am keeping her in my thoughts!
If there's anything we can do...

Leapin Lisa

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 30, 2001
brraaap: Thanks so much for that helpful information. At least now I have somewhat of clue about what I'm reading.

Bert: Thanks for the updates and keeping us posted. I'm sorry to hear about anyone getting hurt. It is somewhat a relief that she has her husband by her side right now.

brraaap

May 23, 2001
Ohhh yeah....
Also on the results, the scores below the riders name:
i.e. 6:49.57 (473) : 6:25.00 (473) : 7:20.80 (491) : 7:15.74 (491)
These are times for each special test, the number in the parenthesis is the position out of all of the riders.
Test 1 = 6:49.57 (Place = 473)
Test 2 = 6:25.00 (Place = 473)
etc.

CJ Rider

~SPONSOR~
Apr 3, 2000
Yeehaa Nicole and Amanda! Hang in there and a speedy recovery Suzie! 'Was WONDERING what all that stuff meant so thanks for the definitions and stuff! Yeehaa!!!

Michelle

Sponsoring Member
Oct 26, 1999
Bert, thanks for the updates. Definitely let us know how Suzy is
going, tell Nicole (if she can) to send our love and best wishes for
a speedy recovery. That's very upsetting to hear.

Go Nicole & Amanda, take care and good riding :)
Michelle

CNM

Sponsoring Member
Dec 28, 1999
Is there any news on Suzy? How she's doing and how long she will be in the hospital? I would love to send her a card. It must be pretty awful being in the hospital that far from home. At least her husband is with her. If there is an address where she can be reached, please let me know. Thanks! :)

LoriKTM

Super Power AssClown
Oct 4, 1999
New Mexico
Neely, I thought of that as well, but by the time the card gets there, she'll probably be back in the US!

Speedy recovery, Suzy!

GirlriderMOM

Aug 19, 2001
8/28 UPDATE

NICOLE just came from a visit with Suzy at the hospital. She is out of intensive care but still is being fed with a tube and will probably be in the hospital for 10 days. She was going down one of the steep hills (which a lot of the people walk their bikes down), clipped a pole and landed on the handlebar. This caused the tissue to bleed but did not damage any organs. She was airlifted to the hospital. There was and American Doctor with the riders who went to the hospital also and advised they scope and not do surgery which was best for Suzy.
Nicole will visit her every day at the hospital and will deliver messages if you will leave them here with your name and I will convey them to Nicole when we speak on the phone.:)

Nicole did better today but after all it was a repeat of yesterdays course. However, for all you motocross riders she says that part SUCKS.:p She does have a lot of fans. They seem to love the women riders. She has to autograph what ever they have handy.

For Lisa & Carrie, she is sweating. :think (Girls don't sweat)

CNM

Sponsoring Member
Dec 28, 1999
Thanks for the update. I keep checking here all day to see the latest update. Tell Nicole we're all pulling for her and she's doing great. How was Amanda's day?

Also, if Nicole doesn't mind, please have her tell Suzy that Neely Franklin (from SERA) sends get well wishes and prayers her way. I hope she is feeling better soon. When she's up to it, we'll get together for a ride. Not that I could keep up, but we'll get together anyway.
Thanks!

LoriKTM

Super Power AssClown
Oct 4, 1999
New Mexico
I'm glad to hear Suzy's out of ICU. I was really worried when I heard the news yesterday. Get well soon, Suzy!

Kudos to Nicole and Amanda for their good work!

firecracker22

Sponsoring Member
Oct 23, 2000
Congrats to all the girls for making it over there! Good job and good luck in the days to come.

GirlriderMOM, can you convey my get well wishes and congrats to Suzy? That's great to hear that she'll be okay.

blackhawk468

President of Bling
N. Texas SP
Nov 3, 2000
I hope Suzy gets well soon. :( I'm sad to hear that she had such a bad crash.

Congrats to Nicole and Amanda! Keep up the good work and have fun!!! That is so awesome that they got the chance to go over there and race. It's even better that the people there are supporting them AND asking for autographs!!!

PaulXR

Jul 29, 1999
Please convey our message of "Get Well Soon". From all your NATRA family! (She belongs to our club and has been a member since day one!) Paul Traufler
We have talked with Suzy's father (we works about 5 miles from me) and he said she is going to be fine, it is hard to think of Suzy laying around in a bed as she is on the go all the time. Just wait until next year!

Top Bottom