mxmaggie

~SPONSOR~
Aug 2, 2002
Hey there all! Have any of you tried the new Fox gear or MSR gear for women? How does it fit size-wise compared to the men's? Looking at the new stuff and considering giving it a try. What's with the limited size choices, too? Thanks for your help!

firecracker22

Sponsoring Member
Oct 23, 2000
Check out the "Pants for the long legged" thread--I have Fox and MSR and wrote my thoughts there. They're both great, depending on your figure/preferences. The MSR is cheaper and doesn't have a big yellow thing right in front of your crotch, but the Fox is really nice too.

E-Ticket

~SPONSOR~
Dec 16, 2000
Was desparately trying to find a vented jersey (for hot weather) for The Ant's 50th birthday. Nothing. All sizes seemed to stop at Medium and no way any women's specific jerseys. Shoot, even EMP went out of business.

So got her a small, No Fear men's vented jersey. Sleeves are baggy - but she seems pretty happy. (grin)

- E-Ticket

firecracker22

Sponsoring Member
Oct 23, 2000
Just to clarify my earlier statement, I meant that the Fox pants have a large design in bright yellow--on an otherwise mostly blue pant--that seems to draw attention to the crotch area. I think the design is the same as on the men's, but the yellow/blue color is only available on the women's gear and it really seems to direct the eye down there.

I realized that sounded really strange.

bratt

Pain in da butt
Mar 22, 2002
Just recently Fox has changed the colors on the womens gear to white and light purple. *sigh* :|

dirty~d~

Resident nudist
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 17, 2002
I don't get where the manufacturers think that the women who RIDE want to wear such nasty colors. Pink on a babydoll t-shirt... fine. Leave our pants alone!! :(

firecracker22

Sponsoring Member
Oct 23, 2000
Originally posted by bratt
Just recently Fox has changed the colors on the womens gear to white and light purple. *sigh* :|

Say it ain't so!!

Where did you see it? I didn't see it on their website. Is the new catalog out yet?

Now if it were a dark purple I would consider it (I really like purple but won't wear it on gear just on principle) but light purple? GAK!! What are they thinking? And white? For DIRT BIKE GEAR? Um, hello, that's not going to stain! I have a great pair of pants with a lot of white on them that I never wear b/c I don't want to stain them up so they look nasty--I know it's just dirt gear but I always reach for the darker stuff first instead.

bratt

Pain in da butt
Mar 22, 2002
I get a weekly Fox Newsletter via email and they had a little blurb on the "new" womens gear. It was basically the Fox 180 pants and the HC Jersey re-designed to fit women. In the picture I saw the purple looked really light to me. Dark purple would not be bad but light purple and white are just not practacle.

LoriKTM

Super Power AssClown
Oct 4, 1999
New Mexico
Never mind that light purple goes with NOTHING. Stick with dirt bike colors, people! Or grey, or "stealth" or whatever you want to call it.

Don't they realize that the pink & purple pastel gear went out in the 90's? Hmm...maybe it's a way to use up some of that old cloth.

And Fox will wonder why women aren't buying their gear... :think:

mxmaggie

~SPONSOR~
Aug 2, 2002
I agree..the purple looks very nasty. Some of the companies do have some of last years Fox wear still available..that's what I was considering buying. The purple ain't happenin' though..that's for sure. Bob's Cycle Supply and Chapparral both have Fox women's gear from last year and it's on sale!! *Bonus* - Thanks for you help...much appreciated..=)

firecracker22

Sponsoring Member
Oct 23, 2000
Well, I saw the 2003 Fox women's gear at MX South. Looks like the "higher end" 360 pant and SFX jersey are light blue, medium blue, red and white; the "lower end" 180 pant and HC jersey are indeed white, black and lavender. So at least there's a choice. The blue and red combo is a little subtler than last year's blue and yellow.

More women's gear news!
MSR G-Rage now comes in red and blue as well as gray!
Acerbis is coming out with women's gear in blue and white with a little red!

I LIKE Acerbis, I am looking forward to seeing that. The new MSR looks a lot nicer too. Plus ONeal has red and blue gear for women but I haven't been able to get my hands on any yet.

Last edited:
Top Bottom