crkid33

Jun 20, 2007
ok i have a 90 cr 125 and the top end was just rebuilt, well i was kicking it hoping for it to start so i can actually ride it well all of the sudden the kicker wont let me kick anymore, so iwas thinking it could be the gears but i dont know so im terring into it tonight, does ne one else have ne suggestions of what is wrong with it, thanks crkid33

Jun 22, 2007
is it siezed up and the kick lever wont even go down or do you just mean its not starting up from a kick start? if its not siezed replace your spark plug. if its siezed... you might have done something wrong replacing the top end. my bike is siezed up right now but thats from blowing my top end.

try a roll start and get back to this thread with what happend.

tony91

~SPONSOR~
Jan 30, 2002
If it won't turn over, DO NOT try to bump-start. There's a reason it won't turn over. Take it apart and figure it out.

crkid33

Jun 20, 2007
i havent tried to bump start it but the lever goes down about 2 to three inches and then wont go down anyfurther, the topend was just rebuilt. and i was trying to start it when the carb was not working, i need another one and then the lever all of the sudden wont go down.

tony91

~SPONSOR~
Jan 30, 2002
You lost me man...

Have you been able to stroke the kick-start lever completely and freely since you got it back together?

rmc_olderthandirt

~SPONSOR~
Apr 18, 2006
I would suggest a "gentle" push start to see if the engine is locked up or if the starter has just gotten messed up. Shift up to a high gear and try pushing the bike, it shouldn't be difficult to get the engine to turn over. If it won't turn over going forward try backing up.

If you get it to turn over this way then try the kick starter again. If it works now then I would say that the kick start mechanism jammed. This needs to be investigated!

If you can't get it to turn over by pushing then I would tear back into the top end. I would suspect that something got dropped down into the crankcase and is now wedged in the lower end. Were there any "oops" mistakes when you were rebuilding the top end?

Rod

crkid33

Jun 20, 2007
yes there was an oops lol it will kick now so im getting a carb tomm and hopefully it will run. something was weged in the crank case but now it will kick without a problem so ill let everyone know tomm if the bike runs or not..thanks for all the help!!!!

crkid33

1989kx250

Mar 17, 2006
if something was stuck in there and you go to start it, it may run for a minute but when it sucks that piece up into your cylinder you will have one heck of a problem on your hands. i would take it apart and do the job right.

crkid33

Jun 20, 2007
yes i know that i took it apart today again and made sure everything was cool and there was nothing out of the ordinary and tomm im gettin the carb so it should run fine. thanks for the heads up though

Top Bottom