wont start

braulsy

Jan 14, 2004
97 kx250, i cant start it by kicking it, i can kick and kick, and it wont start, i pull the plug shoot some brake clean, put the plug back it starts on first kick and runs fine, i have good commpresion, 170 jet. 32:1 yama lube. pro cuircuit pipe and silencer. i needs help!!!

braulsy

Jan 14, 2004
my 97 kx250, wont start on its own. i have to pull the plug shoot some brake clean in starts on 1 kick and runs good. once its warm, it always starts good, but i dont know if i need new reeds or waht?

joe28kdx

Sep 28, 2001
Well it runs, so we can rule out a pile of things.
I'd pull those reeds out, and lookie see.
Take your exhaust pipe off and look in at your piston/rings, if there are blow by marks, pop the top end off, never hurts to redo it.
What are your compression readings??? Should be like 75 lbs first kick, 150 final, (Full throttle, spark plug grounded against something.
When was the last time it was rerung???
While I had the reeds off, pop your carb. I'd check the float height, spray some of that majical brake clean through all your jet circuits to make sure it's all clean and shiny.
How about the air filter??
Good luck and take your time.
Joe
Does it hurt?? Why yes it hurts! Do you think my leg always faced that way??

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…