IndyMX

Crash Test Dummy
~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2006
Amo, IN
I just got home from closing on 22 acres of dirt & trees.

My dad bought the land for us to build a track on. It's in Putnum County Indiana. 10 miles east of Greencastle. A little town called Fillmore.

We're going out tomorrow to start cutting weeds. Then we need to get some trees out of the way, so we can start planning and building on our track.

It's not going to be a public track, just a private practice track.

Hopefully it'll be good enough that I can attract some good riders to come out and ride. That way I might be able to learn from them.

We're planning on having the track done sometime in the next month or two.

If all goes well, we're planning on a party to inaugurate the place. When I have a date, I'll post. Hopefully some of you that are close enough will be able to come out and ride with us then.

IndyMX

Crash Test Dummy
~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2006
Amo, IN
LEllis7motox said:
Your so lucky :fft:

I hope i can eventually build my own track.

Post some pictures along the way building it :cool:

Without a doubt..

We'll probably do the majority of the work ourselves, but when it comes time to actually build the track, we may farm that out. I have a guy that I may be able to get to do it pretty cheap. He's built a few tracks in his days..

It's all very exciting stuff!

Chili

Lifetime Sponsor - Photog Moderator
Apr 9, 2002
Congrats! I'd love to have a track right on my own property, to the point I have considered moving out of the city and getting an acreage. To get to the point where I'd have no neighbor issues would leave me with an hour + commute to work and I'm not real keen on that idea.

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
Congrats Igor!

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
That's outstanding Gary!!! :yeehaw:

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
Congrats!

I've been pondering exiting the metromess for a while now. I guess I need to get off my buns and make the jump.

Photos, photos and more photos!

I wish you were closer, I would bring the SWECO out to do some recreational bulldozing.

ericz103

Aug 18, 2006
I don't know if I'm good enough to learn off of, but I'll come out and ride :cool:
I'd offer to help with the track in exchange, but I don't know if I have any useful resources???

IndyMX

Crash Test Dummy
~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2006
Amo, IN
Tony Eeds said:
Congrats!

I've been pondering exiting the metromess for a while now. I guess I need to get off my buns and make the jump.

Photos, photos and more photos!

I wish you were closer, I would bring the SWECO out to do some recreational bulldozing.

That would be cool.. As it is, I have a friend who can get all of the heavy equipment we need! It's really gonna be cool. Hey, I might actually figure out how to ride without breaking my knee!!

IndyMX

Crash Test Dummy
~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2006
Amo, IN
whenfoxforks-ruled said:
Well congratulations Gary! Hows the neighbors, farm fields nearby, definitely some pics, google earth? Mr. I am broke, you sly dog!

Oh trust me, I'm broke as a joke.. My dad has some seriously good credit, and just recently paid off his house.

It's his property, technically.. But.. since he likes me so much, I get to play there too.

http://maps.google.com/maps?t=h&hl=en&ie=UTF8&ll=39.672747,-86.75847&spn=0.003295,0.006968&z=18

It's a very odd shaped property.. The barn is on a lot that's separate from the rest of the acreage, and is in the town limits. The rest of the property is outside of town limits.

From what we can tell, almost everyone in town either owns a quad, a bike or a 4x4. The house directly across the street is empty. (I'm looking into buying it)

We did a test a few weeks ago, had 2 450's out there.. From the barn you can just barely hear them riding thru the woods. The majority of the wooded area is at a level about 20 feet lower than the open areas.

Most of the MX track will be in the north west part of the of the woods, with some of it coming east and just out of the woods in the north east corner of the non wooded part.

Then the big open area will have about a 1/4 mile dirt track. We also intend to put a BMX track in somewhere and a small pitbike track.

I can't wait to get building. Tomorrow we're going out to cut all the weeds in the open fields.. Then we'll start working on the woods. The weeds are about 4 feet tall everywhere. It's crazy.

Hopefully we can have a regional Dirtweek there.. ??

Attachments

• fillmore.jpg
    fillmore.jpg
    153.4 KB · Views: 132

IndyMX

Crash Test Dummy
~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2006
Amo, IN
Oh yea, almost forgot.. He got the land for a song..

We have been looking at this place for 2 years.. He paid half what they originally wanted for it.

Let me put it this way.. It's a cheap car payment.. ;)

Mully

Moderator / SuperPowers
Jun 9, 1999
Save some of the woods for me !!!!

Too cool, I think you are going to enjoy this property for a long time.

Mully

2-Strokes 4-ever

~SPONSOR~
Feb 9, 2005
Missouri
Cool!
No need for future Quadfest cancellations :p

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
Congrats Gary.

That's very cool. :cool:

Lots of good deals on land out there right now.

Uchytil

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 29, 2003
Way cool! That's like maybe 50 miles from Indy I guess. I have cousins that live near there. You can certainly do alot with that land. I've got a little over 23 and I built woods single track many years ago. Sounds like an ambitious plan. You'll need to look into some sort of water source and maybe a way to apply it to the track (or not). Good luck and if you need manual labor get the word out. May be some guys/gals on here that need an excuse to getaway for a weekend.

SVTMc-G

Apr 1, 2006
HUGE congrats bro!!

Some land outside evansville was for sale at $1000 per acre recently...man I wanted to buy it.

I'm gonna have to agree with the earlier statement of.....I doubt you'd learn anything from me(other than drinkin beer and playing drums), but if you have an inauguration party...let me know. I'd love to come up and meet ya and do some riding with ya. It's about a 3 hour drive for me. That is, if you're allowing smokers to mingle with the thumpers!hahaha Go man go!!
Matt

IndyMX

Crash Test Dummy
~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2006
Amo, IN
Well.. that was a long ass day. I cut about 6 acres with the bush hog today.. HOLY CRAP! You never really appreciate how big an acre is until you cut it. I have most of the big flat no tree area cut... One of the pins on the three point hitch came out, then it started raining.. I'm unable to walk very far, my dad and brother were a good 1/4 mile away by the barn.. I started waving my arms like a crazy person, my brother hops on the 125 and comes out to see what I need.. Uhhh.. not a freakin 125, that's for damn sure.

Remind me to give him a good old fashioned beat down.

Yeah, we're definitely going to be getting a lot of use out of this land. No doubt.

I'm absolutely going to leave a lot of it for single track.. Did I mention, NO QUADS ALLOWED?

When we have our party, hopefully not too far off, I'll absolutely post it on here. With plenty of time to plan.

(don't worry Matt, as long as it's only got 2 wheels, it's cool)

I need a shower and food..STAT

RYDMOTO

~SPONSOR~
Feb 16, 2001
Hey Indy,I been waiting for the right time and the time i now.
I am your long lost brother.Can i come over and ride? :laugh:

Top Bottom