sgifford

N. Texas SP
Apr 11, 2004
I've read some good things about the Woodland Park area for trail-riding. I'm looking for a place to go in July (from Dallas, TX) for a combination of camping and trail-riding with my wife and kids. The skill levels go from beginner, moderate to (reasonably) advanced.

I'd appreciate any feedback on the types of trails, conditions (rocky, sandy, shale, etc.) and camping accomodations. We would be looking for campsites in the riding areas or very near the trailheads. Are there any lakes or places to cool off?

Are stickers needed for the bikes?

Thanks,
Seldon

Last edited:

YZ125jk

Registered
Mar 14, 2005
there are so many places to ride up there but the best is if u go to rampart range they have alot of good trails back in there they have from easy to advance.and yes u will need a sticker anywere u go in co u need one.

Ray3667

Mar 20, 2004
Do you have a sticker or something comperable from TX? if you do you don't need a colorado sticker. we honor other states OHV programs... If you go to rampart over woodland , you will be sadly dissapointed in CO riding.. There is an abundance of camping in the Divide area(15 miiles past woodland on highway 24) ... If you need directions or maps you can go to www.LMproductions.com. Or call APEX MOtorsports in Colorado Springs ,CO . I don't have the number of hand but you can google it.

fretslider51

Jun 23, 2005
I would not reccomend rampart range. There are too many idiots buzzing around there at 90 mph and there is a good chance of a pretty serious collision. Although I have not visited woodland I would strongly reccomend it over rampart. I am a Colorado native so I know there are tons and tons of alternatives as well.

Top Bottom