Woods Pipe and Silencer for KX250 2006

SADude

Jul 8, 2004
Hi

Which Pipe and Silencer combination would work best for the woods for my KX250 2006? I am looking for smoother power and more bottom end.

FMF Gnarly pipe with Powercore 2 silencer.

Pro Circuit Platinum 2 pipe with Standard 304 silencer.

I live in SA, noise isn't an issue.

pimprn

Sep 7, 2006
hey i gotta 2000 kx 125 and i just put on a procircuit platinum and the 304 silencer
its quiet and really smooth power! i was hoping for a loud sound but i didnt do my research so i think thats perfect for u man !!!! trust me i woldnt let ya down :P

2-Strokes 4-ever

~SPONSOR~
Feb 9, 2005
Missouri
Noise IS an issue! Many of your fellow woods riders care about how loud your bike is.

loudandproud

Jul 29, 2006
yes noise is a big deal to all of us.

Personnal i would Go with a Gnarly and a Q or a Turbine Core.

That would be stealthy and still have some serious romp.

SADude

Jul 8, 2004
The reason I said noise isn't an issue for me is, because I live in South Africa and we don't have the restrictions of space like many other places in the world. Where we ride it is often far from any residential areas and hence there isn't the need to be super quiet, besides the thumper make more noise than you anyway, but I will gladly take any suggestions.

I had a FMF Granly and a powercore 2 on my KDX200, before I bought the KX250. I have never tried the Pro Circuit, so I though I would find out what people thought. The Pro Circuit Platinum 2 Pipe is supposed to be competition for the FMF Gnarly according to the Pro Circuit website and I would assume the Standard 304 silencer competes against the Powercore 2.

SADude

Jul 8, 2004
That said I am happy to go with a quieter pipe, as long as it doesn't effect the performance of the bike adversely. The standard KX silencer is quiet restrictive, it is even more restrictive than the 2005 model, because the can is about an inch longer.

I am not one of those guys that wants a loud bike to piss people off with, I just want something that is going to work well. Smooth power with good bottom end, thats what I want?? I hate riding behind load 4-strokes, trust me I don't want to compete with them, so 2-stroke 4-ever and loadandproud I agree with you qiet is always better, just don't let it be second best in the performance stakes.

SADude

Jul 8, 2004
SADude said:
That said I am happy to go with a quieter pipe, as long as it doesn't effect the performance of the bike adversely. The standard KX silencer is quiet restrictive, it is even more restrictive than the 2005 model, because the can is about an inch longer.

I am not one of those guys that wants a loud bike to piss people off with, I just want something that is going to work well. Smooth power with good bottom end, that's what I want?? I hate riding behind loud 4-strokes, trust me I don't want to compete with them, so 2-stroke 4-ever and loudandproud I agree with you, quiet is always better, just don't let it be second best in the performance stakes.
Excuse the spelling mistakes, my last post was typed in a hurry, please any further suggestions will be great. Thanks to all.

loudandproud

Jul 29, 2006
SADude said:
Excuse the spelling mistakes, my last post was typed in a hurry, please any further suggestions will be great. Thanks to all.

i understand now, South africa. Yah i dont think it matters to much. Power Core is sweet

Mudshark69

Oct 20, 2006
SADude said:
okay so what is best?? I am sure there are more of you with input to give???

I have a '03 KX250 with a Pro Circuit Platinum 2 pipe with a FMF Shorty silencer on it. They work really well, sorry I can't
tell you if the Gnarly combo is better though....
BTW College is my old High school, you have a lot of good riding
out there :cool:

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
The FMF Fatty/Gnarly with the Q will give you moster low end power but will not smooth it out. Add some flywheel weight to smooth out the hit or alter the porting. KX's have monster low end power already and are very fun in the tight stuff.

Top Bottom