katoom300

Feb 3, 2000
spam?

is it spam if the people reading are actually interested, I didn't post this in the mx forum, and I don't object to anyone linking to DRN on my site?:D

SCHLAVA

Jan 12, 2001
I just went through this with people on this website and now I know the true definition of spam. Unfortunatly you have spammed(word?). But I can help you out. Look in product reviews.

Mark

SCHLAVA

Jan 12, 2001
See now i'm a user of your product and I've posted a review. As a user of a product that is not spamming. I'm just recommeding based upon my usage.
People are very uptight around here about spamming!

Wolf

doooode
Jul 31, 2000
Hey now, it doesn't make a difference if people are interrested or not, so yes, it's spam.
I've been to your website, I think it looks a lot like this one:o so it's pretty good.
Maybe we should call all these "efforts" to generate membership for other sites "cheap trolls?"

And of course you don't mind if someone links DRN on your site. Duhh, look at the numbers.

I guess to me it's just a matter of respect and ethics.
Of course you can find ways to bypass any rule (Schlava), personally I think it falls under the afore mentioned category of cheap trolls.

SCHLAVA

Jan 12, 2001
Wolf,

I have not circumvented the rules. Look at the product reviews website. If I review a pair of tech 8's and say that people should buy them noone calls that spamming. Also, people in that forum have also reviewed their experinces with certain dealers. When those experiences are positive and the person says we should use that dealer, we don't call that spamming. So why does everyone think it is now that I've done the same thing with a website?

And whats wrong if we generate membership for his website. He doesn't charge us anthing to visit. Neither does DRN.

Do you know how I found out about this website? It was through someone else's recommendation on a different website. They had no problem with people mentioning other websites. Surprisinly this is the only website that has a problem with someone mentioning another website name.

I still can't get over the fact that we are all here for a common cause. The exchange of off road motorcycle knowledge and experiences. You think we would be all happy to learn of another website that does the same as this one does. Its our chance to expand our knowledge, friendships and experiences with other dirtbike riders. Why hold that information back from others?

Mark

Yamamoto

Uhhh...
Apr 3, 2001
Cop Out

I still can't get over the fact that we are all here for a common cause. The exchange of off road motorcycle knowledge and experiences. You think we would be all happy to learn of another website that does the same as this one does. Its our chance to expand our knowledge, friendships and experiences with other dirtbike riders. Why hold that information back from others?

just letting everyone know I've started a forum for the discussion of only off-road racing and riding...that's it...no mx, sx, or stupid jumps!

No MX, SX, Or Jumps .....sounds lame to me .....Hmmm another web site that does the same thing as this one does? <----Yes question.......Because I do not recall THIS site to be against MX,SX, or Jumps.

SCHLAVA

Jan 12, 2001
Yamamoto,

Point very well taken. I don't agree with that part of the description of the site. But with in my quote, I refer to all aspects of off-road riding. I apologize. I was comparing the webistes in general.

Mark

Wolf

doooode
Jul 31, 2000
Originally posted by SCHLAVA
Wolf,
I have not circumvented the rules.

You certainly have not. I agree 100%. But you have turned it's intention around and that qualifies as a cheap troll.

"Why hold that information back from others?"

......holding something back, and actively promoting something (wouldn't wanna call it spam now) are two intirely different things.
By the way, I think you can share questionable info (spam) via personal messages or e-mail. That would mean you wouldn't have to "hold anything back".
Again, to me this is about respect and ethics, not convenience.

Truthfully, I don't even know why I got involved in this thread, I have absolutely nothing to gain by it and, as you mentioned before, this has been covered.
Some people will get it, some won't or maybe I'm not getting it.

Yamamoto

Uhhh...
Apr 3, 2001
No Offence taken

No need to appoligize.

I jumped in this one here only because i love all kinds of riding, if all i had was MX 15 min Motos and so on I think It would get boring quick, and on the flip side if all I had was Trail riding it would be the same.

what I really love about "OffRoading" is that you can you can climb hill, ride trails, do jumps, and so on.

I love Pizza ....but not every night and day.

SCHLAVA

Jan 12, 2001
WOLF,

Your right, in this particular instance I would agree that I turned it around to try to prove a point. Whats even funnier is that is has already been deleted in the forum! I guess they are pro-drn!

Yamamoto,

Cool.

I just totally disagree with the spamming rules as they presently are. But I guess you have to live with what the moderators feel is appropriate or not. Long live the moderators!

Oh and by the way.....

Yamamoto

Uhhh...
Apr 3, 2001
Oh Come on Wolf

Truthfully, I don't even know why I got involved in this thread, I have absolutely nothing to gain by it and, as you mentioned before, this has been covered.
Some people will get it, some won't or maybe I'm not getting it.

I cannot recall being here for a Gain...But if a gain is what you are here for then I hope you find it.

Wolf

doooode
Jul 31, 2000
Re: Oh Come on Wolf

Originally posted by Yamamoto

I cannot recall being here for a Gain...But if a gain is what you are here for then I hope you find it.

Well, sorry to hear that you do not gain anything here. Funny how people associate gain with materialistic values.
Personally, I have gained more than I have given....

WoodsRider

Sponsoring Member<BR>Club Moderator
Damn Yankees
Oct 13, 1999
I've gained several new friends through this forum :)

... and maybe an enemy or two. :(

Offroadr

Ready to bang some trees!
Jan 4, 2000
This is not the first time another forum has been brought up on DRN and its FINE.

Its not a product, no money is being made, it doesn't look like a form ham, so its not Spam! ;)

Yamamoto

Uhhh...
Apr 3, 2001
Don't just put words in my mouth ...fill my bike with gas

Originally posted by Wolf

Well, sorry to hear that you do not gain anything here. Funny how people associate gain with materialistic values.
Personally, I have gained more than I have given....

geez bro...ok ok ...what did I say about materals ?

I was commenting on YOUR comment about "Truthfully, I don't even know why I got involved in this thread, I have absolutely nothing to gain by it " Because trust me I have nothing to gain from this subject either, But on the flip side I will say that YES I have gained alot from this site but my reason to come here is not for a gain.

Ok just like you I have gained a few Friends, I am happy just reading ....ok I admit advanced Tech.(my favorite).

I have gained info on PETITIONS ect.

But conversations like this are important because as you can see it almost turned into a woods VS MX war, and to me we are all dirtriders and need to know that just because one likes blue and one likes red that does not mean we cannot communicate.

Ohhh I am gona have a YAMAHA only board ....all you honda guys can come but .....see what I am saying ?

Top Bottom