ktm033

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 19, 2001
Am very excited, my winters work is nearly complete as the snow is finally leaving the woods. I started in October with an '02 400 MXC, to it I added a 3 gallon Clarke Tank, black excel rims, Michelin S12 tires, enduro engineering bark busters and skid plate, sent the suspension to Factory Connection and had the shock and fork revalved and set up for me, had the WP bladder kit installed as well on the shock. Received my stars and stripes CEET cover yesterday, SoCal custom shroud graphics are due monday. The coup de' gras, yesterday I dropped my bike off to the guys at Enduro Engineering for the installation of their 453 big bore kit with the new Lafferty Big Bore exhaust system. My weapon is due back on Wed, 4/3, will post a ride report with photo's!

mxbundy

Sponsoring Member
Feb 16, 2001
Hemet, CA.
Okay ktmo33,

You have got to make damn sure you post that ride report on the big bore asap. I also talked to Mike Lafferty and his mechanic when i was down at the GNCC in Fla. they were the biggest influence I had on buying the new 400.
And since I found one so cheap, I can do the bigbore kit and suspension .:p
But the pipe I didnt here about. Is this the Big gun model?

thanks
mxbundy

ps. what do you think about the clark tank? Since my bike is a SX model a big tank will be on my priority list. Is it as slim as a exc tank?

Last edited:

ktm033

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 19, 2001
the clarke tank is very slim, like the exc tank but with a little more volume, the MXC tank was a bit too wide for my tastes. The guy dropping the big bore kit in the bike is Lafferty's mechanic, Alan Randt, and yes the pipe is a Big Gun, think I said Big Bore, meant Lafferty Big Gun!

mxbundy

Sponsoring Member
Feb 16, 2001
Hemet, CA.
Thanks,

Yeah I had forgot his mechanics name, he is the guy behind Enduro Engineering isnt he?I talked to them for about and hour.
In Mike Lafferty`s own words " 400 to win, 520 to grin"
I think I might go with Pro-Action on the suspension. I have Race-Tech and Pro-action right down the street. Talked to both, but I liked the guys from pro-action better. The guy there seemed to just know more about the KTM setups. Just my gut feelings. They use they bladder conversion also. Thought about sending it out, but want to stay local, that way if the setup isnt just right, I dont have to ship everything off just to get it fixed.

bundy

ktm033

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 19, 2001
Alan is the guy behind Enduro Engineering, actually Enduro Engineering/Lansing Cycle are out of the same building, that is where it went. Alan is very, very helpful when it comes to KTM setup stuff.

ktm033

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 19, 2001
Had a couple of PM's asking me who's kit I used, Enduro Engineering has a kit, I used their kit, similiar parameters to Thumper Racing kit.

ktmwes

Sep 23, 2000
Originally posted by ktm033
Had a couple of PM's asking me who's kit I used, Enduro Engineering has a kit, I used their kit, similiar parameters to Thumper Racing kit.
Does EE's big bore kit have a different cam or are you going to leave the stock cam in?

Top Bottom