sgtrlgrl

Jun 28, 2005
Well, I have been ridding for 4 short years, I think hehe. I started in my small back yard on grass. My first trail ride was on terrible unkept trails in Stafford Va. On that first ride i was climbing a steep hill of slate rock and my timing chain jumped the sproket in the worse part. The back wheel was slidding with the brakes on jst cause of the steepness. But I preservered and continued to go on a 7 day excursion to the Hatfield and Mcoy ridding area in Wv. That was my 2nd trail ride on the steep and rocky mountain trails there. We took a wrong turn and what should have been like a 2 ml ride became a 5 mile ride. Woohoo, no crashes and thank god, I dont have armor. So I had a some what harsh intiation into dirt ridding. As a short preface, I had never ridden any type of motorcycle or atv prior to this time. Sooooo, I continued on with my somewhat broken XR200 (we fixed the timing chain and sproket). I got to ride like 3 times a yr in Va on some small trails. Then this last summer I got a CRF230 and wow was that a vast improvement on my XR. I ride at Natural Bridge, cant remember the trail name right now. I was reading online and they are actually considered advanced trails but from what i read on here I dont really think they are. I can ride fast and hard, I go for hours. I have a blast and Im no longer terrified everytime I start. I can get myself turned around and get up every hill I have come upon there. I haven't had any major crashes. Most of them have jst entailed running my bike into the side of the mountain and gently falling over. hehe. One time i was coming down a hill into a curve and the across a lil bridge and bounced my handle bars off a rock out croping, my pinky finger took most of the impact lol. i have only dismounted my bike in a crash one time and it landed between 2 trees and I was on my feet. The fender came back to near perfect shape.

My last ride was the best!!!!! I got to ride my friends KDX200 and it was awesome. At one point i hit a big rock with the front wheel which totally displaced the bike. I was for sure I was going down, ready for the worse crash of my time ridding. Then all the suden the bike was upright and still going forward. I was so shocked I jst started screaming woohooo as I rode and dang no one saw it happen. My ridding fellows were all behind me and hadnt caught up. GRRRRRRR but anyhow it was AWESOME!!!!!

Well that is my story so far. I feel confident but have much to learn and next yr I want to get KDX to ride as well as keeping my CRF cause it jst rocks out. I love ridding and I love the accoplishment I feel.

Thanks to this website for giving me info and encourage. RIde On

Stacey

squeaky

Roosta's Princess
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 28, 2003
Great story! Sounds like you are having tons of fun out there!

Keep on riding!

:ride:

GETMETOCA

Can't Wait For Tuesdays
Mar 17, 2002
Love the enthusiasm!! :)

Well Stacey, post here more often and tell us about your CRF230. It will be nice to have some more stories from you.

Top Bottom