WOOT! The Pro Circuit Platinum 2 is On!

moridin

~SPONSOR~
Dec 30, 2003
Well after my bad experience with the FMF - I opted for the Pro Circuit Platinum 2. Problem was finding one. NOBODY seems to have them yet for the KDX.

Jeff at MXSouth did indeed find me one - and got it to me in under a week. Good rpice too.

Pipe is beautiful - fit is perfect. No tab bending - no cursing, no big crowbars. I didnt even have to take off the silencer - just slid right into place.

I carefully limped across the ice and out of my subdivision - and hit US40 heading west. All I can say is LOOK OUT FMF! :laugh: This thing is 100% perefect. Low is certainly better - seems to come on quite a bit lower than stock. What I really liked is at 1/3 it matches stock - then from 1/2 on up it just keeps screaming - and it just reved till I thought I was going to blow something :flame: . If it would not have been so daggon cold I would have kept on flying down the highway (my KDX is street legal BTW).

Anyway - no thorough evaluation yet - that will come the first 40+ degree day. I have a shakedown run coming up soom for my trip to Moab.

moridin

~SPONSOR~
Dec 30, 2003
I already got the Moose pipe guard on it. That thing is wicked stong - It took me an hour to get it bent right - the aluminum is a bit too thick in my opinion.

Are you talking about the PC Plat 2? This one is the same gauge as the Gnarley???

sn

agitt73

~SPONSOR~
May 11, 2000
by the way i had the moose pipe guard on my ktm it was apain to work with but it done the job

89kdx200rdr

~SPONSOR~
Apr 19, 2003
you dont play video games do you wibby. its some stupid crap young punks say when they think they are doing something impressive to someone. i havent figured out what it is that they do that deserves a woot yet though.

moridin

~SPONSOR~
Dec 30, 2003
Young punks? Im 33 friend. My kids say it though...

Yes the PC Plat 2 is new. I have no idea if anyone had even tried it yet - seemed like a good pipe tailored to my riding.

sn

canyncarvr

~SPONSOR~
Oct 14, 1999
Commonly said just before 'beer', as in 'Kin I have a woot beer, pweeze?'

Also commonly said (immediately after expletive) after unexpected ground contact with your head during a ride, as in 'D$#n woot!' Expletive sometimes start with 'F'.

So...you're riding a 200, but I don't recall what pipe you had. A -35?

ProCircuit doesn't (didn't awhile back anyway) list the platinumII for the kdx. Rockymountain doesn't either. I've seen no reference to whether it is 18g. or not.

It IS pretty!

I look forward to further input about it from 'ya in real-life riding situations.

Have fun!

Last edited:

moridin

~SPONSOR~
Dec 30, 2003
I called Pro Circuit and it is 18g - you can kind of see that just by looking at it. It feels identical to the FMF - only it fits.

Price was $220 shipped BTW from MXSouth. They seem to be the only folks that will take the time to find one. The other sources just stated that they dont have any in yet.

I am just glad that there is an alternative to the Gnarley now from a company that has excellent customer service. 6-12 inches of snow coming tonight - so no chance of a full report in the next week. Will update as soon as the weather breaks.

wibby

Mod Ban
Mar 15, 2003
I called Pro Circuit and it is 18g - you can kind of see that just by looking at it

WOOT! You mwust have willy gwude eyes to be wable to twell what gwauge it is just by wooking at it! :laugh:

On a more serious note

How do you like that Moose Pipe Armor?

Any problems with it catching on stuff or collecting too much mud and debris?

Last edited:

moridin

~SPONSOR~
Dec 30, 2003
The Moose pipe armor is really quite nice. It is WAY thicker than anything else I have seen. it is so thick that bending it into shape takes some time.

I wound up using two pieces of steel with a small spacer and would slip it in to the tight tab and bend with all my body weight. It mounted up perfectly - but no idea on if it will ctach or snag. It fits the pipe really close. I will take a pic this weekend so you can see wha the end result is like.

I could care less about looks - but we have rocks galore in MO - so it just makes sense.

wibby

Mod Ban
Mar 15, 2003
WOOT! WOOT!

I've been thinking about buying one.

I recently had the dents removed on my fatty at
Pacific Crest (www.piperepair.com)

He did a sweet job on it! :thumb:

Attachments

• no-dents.jpg
    no-dents.jpg
    71.9 KB · Views: 127

KDXFreestyle

Damn Yankees
Nov 19, 2002
hmm.. reminds me... I believe the song is guns and diamonds? "WOOT WOO!" :yeehaw:

I just got my PC Platinum and it is AWESOME! hits like a 250.. and pulls really hard. I wander what its gonna be like when I get my jetting right :flame:

Top Bottom