munch

~SPONSOR~
Jan 23, 2002
Never been there myself, but should be this weekend.

Check the WORCS racing site. They have a description.

Greg

Berkyboy

Sponsoring Member
Feb 22, 2002
In the past the Kahoka WORCS / Moose Run round has featured their MX track along with creek bottoms, grass tracks and fields.

The MX track is laid out on some natural rolling terrain with some elevation changes.

I would expect to see a course somewhere around 9-10 miles in length.

We'll be coming down from Minnesota with both Kyle Nelson and Matt Stavish. As far as the big names go I would expect to see Ty Davis, Brian Garrahan and posssibly Shane Watts there as well.

Steve Berkner

KaTooMer

~SPONSOR~
Jul 28, 1999
No huge jumps on the track...they set it up for us woods guys who like to keep our wheels on the ground. If dry, the course will be pure joy. Unfortunately, the last two national hare scrambles have been extremely wet, which makes it a tough place to ride. The weather in our area has been relatively dry, so unless we get some rain between now and then, it should be a good course.

While we're on the subject, what about the cost? The web site seems to suggest that it would cost me $60 to race: $40 entry, $10 for a "day pass", which I think is the WORCS membership, and probably another $10 to get in the gate (as it is with national hare scrambles). Is this correct? It also looks like the race on Sunday afternoon is only 1.5 hours long (at best). It that also correct?

Berkyboy

Sponsoring Member
Feb 22, 2002
WORCS East Saturday races tend to be no longer than 1 hour. And use an ATV friendly course (they race immidiately after the bikes.)

Sunday races are usually just over two hours long and use some of Satrudays course along with fresh single track.

Short of it raining the course is probably the easist of all the WORCS East events.

Steve

Sep 28, 2002
Hopefully it won't rain. The last race that the UORRA put on was muddy, but I still had a lot of fun. I'll take what ever weather we get, but it would'nt
hurt to make it more of a challange.

Darren

Sep 28, 2002
I raced saturday. That was a great track. I really liked how they set it up with the motocross track, the woods and grass tracks. Hopefully they will have it next year. The only problem was the trails were wide. They needed some tight, single track.

Darren

munch

~SPONSOR~
Jan 23, 2002
Darren,

I believe Shane Watts took it all on Sunday! 3 in a row!

Check Skunkwrx.net for the complete run down.

What class did you run on Sat.?
I ran +30 C, #437, the course was a blast!

Greg

ktmdad

Feb 29, 2000
Originally posted by munch
I ran +30 C, #437, the course was a blast!
Greg

Munch, didn't your class race at 11am? If so, you were out there with my son, #053 on an RM85. He took 2nd in the 100B class. He loved the track. That sawdust was really deep on the mx track. I'm still trying to figure out how he pulled a 5th place start against those 125's & 250's in the Schoolboy class.

munch

~SPONSOR~
Jan 23, 2002
Sounds like he had a great day. The sawdust was extremely deep, pretty hard to pull through on the my 200 let alone on an RM 85, He must have been very quick out of the gates. The sawdust made the jumps pretty hard to clear, I tried and paid the price about every time but kept it on two wheels
and ended up overalling the the race.
Had some pretty good battles with a couple of guys on the way though. I made a couple of wrong turns but thanks to a spectator they didn't cost me too many positions and i was able to regain my position.

Do you know what all of the classes ran at the 11:00 race?

Good hearing from you

Greg

Sep 28, 2002
Munch,

I raced the 16 and under class. I got 2nd in class and 9th overall. I started on the first row and was # 43 on 2001 YZ 125. 0-100 A, 0-100 B, 16 and under, +30 C, +40 C, and the women class raced at 11.

Darren

Sep 28, 2002
Greg,

Do you ever race the Parts Unlimited Cross Country Series? If you don't, you should go to one of there races, I think you would have a great time.

Darren

Sep 28, 2002
Greg,
I think you and I battled for a little. I not sure but we went for about a lap and then on the moto x track we passed back and forth and then finally I crashed going up one of the jumps and you passed me.

Darren

munch

~SPONSOR~
Jan 23, 2002
Darren,

I remember, this was one of best times i've had at a race in quite awhile do to the fact of the close battles with quite a few different riders. We swapped back and forth a few times there on the mx track.
I've ran a few of the UORRA races this year but mostly did Dist. 17 stuff.
I think I'll stay a little closer to home next year and run more of Gussie's races, they are all a lot of fun.

Saturday was probably my last race for the year, I broke my ankle Sunday at the Coal Valley MX, supposed to be in a cast for 6 weeks, hopefully that is worst case.

Did I talk to you after the race? I spoke with someone an a YZ.

Greg

Sep 28, 2002
Greg,

That was me on the YZ. That was one of the best times I have had racing.
We were both charging hard but you got me. What place did you get overall and in your class? Thats to bad your season is over. Hope the leg gets better and hope we race again.

Darren

Sep 28, 2002
Greg,

What UORRA races did you race this year and in what class? I raced about half of them. Also, email me at DC1843@aol.com if you go to any UORRA races next season.

munch

~SPONSOR~
Jan 23, 2002
I took 1st in the + 30 class, so i had a great day for me.

I rode 2 races at Prophetstown,one in Aledo and one in Morrison at the farm with the really long section of whoops. I raced open "c" until Aledo and then I ran the 0-200 class there, like the open class better, even with the 200.

munch

~SPONSOR~
Jan 23, 2002
Darren,
The time I raced little c, They started the two c classes seperatly, got hung up in the slower open class guys, With the 200 i can pretty much run with most of the open class bikes anyway. I ran open class in the District 17 races on my 200 and placed consistantly in the top 5. Mostly a personal choice type thing.

Layton

~SPONSOR~
Aug 2, 2000
munch,

If I understand you correctly, you have raced the 200 in the class setup for 250 and up bikes. If so, that is illegal at AMA races. You can check the AMA rulebook about this.

Most likely no one in the C class knows the rules well enough to protest but the A & B classes sure will when you get there.

munch

~SPONSOR~
Jan 23, 2002
Layton,

We'll keep it to our selves!

I thought that was the rule but i have never been questioned.
Only ran the "Open B" due to points after buying the new bike.
I will go with "Little B" next year,
My season is over unfortunatly after breaking my ankle in Coal Valley a little over a week ago. I would like to be healthy enough to get to Gusse's last race but only time will tell.

Greg

Last edited:

Top Bottom