WORCS race at Cooperland, Stillwater OK

Buckholz

Mar 15, 2000
Hey, looks like a bunch of yawl been there.

We are racing there Nov 15thish.

What kinda tires, what elevation (for jetting), gearing,....

Should we run?

Buckholz in Flagstaff, 40+a

ktmdad

Feb 29, 2000
We'll be there as well. Son racing 100B. We'll be sticking with our Michelen (spg?) tires. Bring extra jets to be ready for the weather.

fatherandson

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 3, 2001
You are going to love the track....a variety of wood trails and national level MX tracks.  We helped Guy install two bridges that made crossing the river MUCH easier.  We had the pleasure of breaking in new trail - Dirt Week was GREAT!!

We did not change tires or jetting from our Michigan set ups and had no problems.  The tires were either intermediate or soft...we had a lot of rain the week we were there and the soft tires worked well.

Good Luck!!!

Buckholz

Mar 15, 2000
We live and ride at 7,000' elevation here in AZ, so we will definately rejet, wondering if plain old stock jetting is the hot ticket.

And most of us will be on either soft/int or int tires.....

Thanks for the info.

Any gearing suggestions for the following riders:

30A
40A
200B

All on mx bikes except the 50 codger is on a 400WR yamadog.

JWeisenfels

Sep 24, 2003
I heard that the track is only 3-4 miles is this true and is it wide open just threw the fields to that creek? and run a little tight woods or any at all?
thanks,

WaltCMoto

Sponsoring Member
Jan 1, 2001
There is about 4 miles of woods, some tight some not. there is also a LARGE grass field, and a huge MX track. Not sure what is included in the WORCS race.

ktmdad

Feb 29, 2000
Looks like we should bring some extra sprockets as well. We're geared a bit too low for a lot of wide open stuff. Good thing there's practice on Friday, for some time to dial in the bikes.

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
Elevation is around 1000 feet so if your jetted for 7000 you'll be lean.

Dunlop 756, Michelin S-12, Maxxix IT tires were real popular. Michelin M12 frt/ S-12 rear would work real well too. I don't think you need to gear real low, it's not that tight. Guy said the woods trails would be different than what we rode at DW but the stuff across the river would be included.

BEEF706

Sponsoring Member
Jan 24, 2002
I went up two steps on the mian, one richer needle, and one richer pilot jet for Cooperland, (I'm at 6k ft) have fun that place is a blast!! Couldn't be much help on tires, there was so much more tractio thee than here my frame of referance was gone!

ktmdad

Feb 29, 2000
The track info said practice was from 10am to 3pm Friday. We're not worried about being geared to high, but too low. Back east he races on a lot of tight single track.

bhiner

Sponsoring Member
May 12, 2002
Guy said that WORCS wanted all skid steer cleared trails i.e.WIDE.
I would geer high, grass track is large and flat with one g-out if they include it traction is spectactular. No rocks in the woods, go soft on tires, creek crossings are awesome with loamy soil and high steep banks.
Motocross track is extremely fast with a great flow.
My money is on Josh #211...See you at the RFGP in Ft. Smith

fatherandson

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 3, 2001
The creek crossing should have bridges.  I helped Guy install two bridges while at Cooperland for Dirt Week.  Enjoy!

ktmdad

Feb 29, 2000
So how'd everyone do that attended?

Kevin took 4th in 100B. Pulled the holeshot. Trails were tighter that we expected. Woods and fields were pretty dry on Saturday morning. MX track was the worst portion of the course.

RAH RAH

Aug 30, 2003
Hey Josh arent you from Kaw of Fay. this is Jon from Helena. My times up there were on a ZX9R w everything polished. tell Rick Owens, Bill Eddy, and Tim Geary all hi. there is supposed to be a big ride at white rock sometime soon. Leave a thread if you can let me and a few other of my buddies know when. its been a long time since ive ridden there. sweet video that yamaha your playin with looks alot like Davis' How you do Sun.

XR 250R RIDER

Apr 5, 2001
I had a great time down there, finishing 4th in 200C and 2nd in Sportsman. I was happy with those results considering this is my first year racing, and my first nationsl caliber race The MX track was awsome on Sunday but Saturday was terrible. The pro race was cool watching, the start was cool.

Top Bottom