mideastrider

~SPONSOR~
Jul 8, 2006
I was reading how Ryan Hughes has been racing in the WORCS series. I was curious just how well he was running so I looked it up on the web and he’s leading the points but I thought WORCS was just a west coast hare scramble. But while checking out results I couldn’t help but notice the lap times. At most if not all tracks they are turning laps in under 10 minutes. How does that compare to hare scramble races on the east coast such as GNCC, VCHSS, and just local races? It must be short tracks or wide open terrain. Surely they are not running 8 to 12 mile laps are they?

dirt bike dave

Sponsoring Member
May 3, 2000
I think most of the WORCS races are more like long MX tracks, with some dirt roads and a few natural terrain obstacles thrown in. Probably 5 miles or less, but I'm sure it varies from course to course. Nowhere near as technical as most cross country series.

thebleakness

Sep 19, 2006
WORCS is half MX and half off-road. They are built around MX tracks though, so having MX style starts and the such. And then they throw in some more technical stuff, logs, tires, waterfalls, sand etc. It's actually my favorite race series, I love watching all the videos. I'm going to chase the series next year since I finally have a half way decent MX bike.

mideastrider

~SPONSOR~
Jul 8, 2006
That's what I was wondering because by the lap times and pic's I saw on the worcs wed site it had to be differant than the hare scramble's I have been to. Thanks

kdxer200

Jan 30, 2003
youd like it if you like fire roads with cliffs on the side. (round 10 hollister) the course was 4 miles and laptimes were around 10 minutes.

truespode

Moderator / Wheelie King
Jun 30, 1999
I did a GNCC a few years ago and the course was 8 or 9 miles if I remember correctly. It was East Coast woods and MUDDY so even if I did remember the lap times it would not be a fair comparison.

Ivan

Mudd Slinger

N. Texas SP
May 5, 2004
I have been to both but only to one WORCS. The WORCS was more wide open flatter track with a mix of motorcross track, wide open straights, sections of weaving grass track, and sections of technicial with small elevation changes, jumps, logs, telephone poles, and rocks. More of a designed layout. The GNCC was more of a fast technical track on natural terrain with lots of big hills, ditches, mud, rocks, weaving single track through trees. The GNCC was closer to a wide open enduro without checkpoints. The GNCC appeared to be much more technicially challenging while the WORCS seemed to be more about speed.

Top Bottom