taraker

Freedom Ain't Free
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 3, 1999
I'm spreading the word about an upcoming race in Texas that is probably going to be one of the best events to race, or attend, in the South Central region for 2004.

WORCS & TORO are running a combined race on Oct. 29 & 30, 2004 in Decatur Texas at Oak Hill MX park, & Oak Hill hosts GNC & other national level events so this track is no local beat-up second rate track. This is a "Cross Country" style race but I think that we will also be running the motocross section as well so it will be a great spectator race to attend also.

Anybody can race the event who is a TORO or WORCS member and additional information can be found at the respective web-sites.

Just a couple of names who raced the last Texas event are

Bobby Bonds
Destry Abbott
Ty Davis
Josh (He really ain't that fast) Weisenfels

And many others

yzguy15

Sprayin tha game
N. Texas SP
Oct 27, 2000
Matt, you're a sandbagger, but I'm gonna beat you anyways... lol

How long is this track? Like, how much woods stuff is there, I'm going to need a lot to make up for my lack of speed on the MX track. Also, how long are the races? Do they go on miles or time?

yzguy15

Sprayin tha game
N. Texas SP
Oct 27, 2000
Nah, lemme break it down for ya...

Motocross track - advantage taraker
Woods - draw

That will be a bet I won't take. However, if you can't keep the rubber side down, I'll take you.

TwinSpar

AssClown WannaBe
N. Texas SP
Aug 18, 1999
yzguy15 said:
Nah, lemme break it down for ya...

Woods - draw

Why the sudden change whineyguy? I always heard that you smoked the old man everytime. Did something happen that you're not talking about? :debil:

taraker

Freedom Ain't Free
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 3, 1999
Enduro_Nut said:
UH OH, a little smack talking going on - can I wager?! :laugh:

I wouldn't be wagerin with a VOR or Hisky :yikes:

TwinSpar said:
Why the sudden change whineyguy? I always heard that you smoked the old man everytime. Did something happen that you're not talking about? :debil:

He would always smoke me in practice, but throw a green flag & ole Looney folds like a cheap suit :ohmy:

yzguy15

Sprayin tha game
N. Texas SP
Oct 27, 2000
taraker said:
IHe would always smoke me in practice, but throw a green flag & ole Looney folds like a cheap suit :ohmy:

I have improved a lot in the last year ole buddy. Let's not forget that the last time we raced was the first time I'd ridden in over 5 months (from Aug03-Feb04, when I was off after surgery). I try not to talk too big so I don't have to worry about backing it up so much. We'll just have to wait and see after the 31st...

yzguy15

Sprayin tha game
N. Texas SP
Oct 27, 2000
What if I take both of you suckas? :joke:

yzguy15

Sprayin tha game
N. Texas SP
Oct 27, 2000
To anybody who's going to be there spectating... come find us. We'll be out there somewhere mid-afternoon on Saturday. Pewter Suburban with v-nose enclosed trailer. Blue ez-up, YZ250F and an orange KTM, possibly a PW80 or a TTR125. Probably will be a hott girl hangin around too.. but back off, she's mine :)

Mudd Slinger

N. Texas SP
May 5, 2004
I am still looking good for this weekend. No one has thrown a bolt in the crankcase yet. Look for a red Dodge 4x4 with a cap. I am looking at Saturday afternoon at the earliest.

I am married and one women is expensive enough (dirt bike, women, dirt bike, truck, women, dirt bike, kids - Damm, I'll take them all).

Enduro_Nut

~SPONSOR~
Feb 7, 2002
taraker said:
???? - Is this the Kerry concession already :laugh:

Come on up to Muenster at the next TORO race, run the OPen C class so I can proceed to hand you yer whoppin'.

How's fifty sound?

:laugh: :laugh:

You would pick on some poor, healing, lazy fella' like me??

yzguy15

Sprayin tha game
N. Texas SP
Oct 27, 2000
I'll get ya next time... sandbagger.

Mudd Slinger

N. Texas SP
May 5, 2004
YZguy15, I missed ya. I ran out of time Friday night at work and did not print off the vehicle discriptions and never did get lucky when I looked for ya. Maybe next time we will meet.

The track was a looked flat in the back areas. I wanted to walk the course Saturday night and they kicked me out. Hmmmm. How was Rocky Roads? I watched a few hard crashes.

yzguy15

Sprayin tha game
N. Texas SP
Oct 27, 2000
Mudd Slinger, We will be at all of the TORO races this year (except I think I'll miss the Ranger round due to finals week) in the same getup I described earlier. Pewter Suburban, v-nose enclosed trailer, 250F and KTM. I'm C137, and my dad is B625. Look us up, come hang out.

The track was great, it was indeed pretty flat. I'm surprised they kicked you out? We went and walked the first mile or so, maybe mile and a half, before that huge storm started rolling in. There was a WORCS official doing maintenance that we walked right past and he didn't say anything to us, and Team Green drove by on a mule. I heard there were some pretty rough crashes. A guy that most of us know, Glenn (don't think he's on DRN) got a compound fracture in his ankle, Josh Weisenfels crashed pretty bad and, according to the WORCS website broke his leg and ankle. Apparently he bit it hard on that long straight with the 3 singles. Then I know that Matt Crouch, who was running the Semi-Pro class I believe, crashed hard and went to the hospital, but apparently is okay.

Dennis, I hope not! I really want to win that jacket. I'm curious to see how my laptimes compare to the Open B class. I just hope they're not bump material, which I don't expect because I honestly don't think I'm fast enough for the B class yet.

Mudd Slinger

N. Texas SP
May 5, 2004
I wanted to hang around and learn. I have been thinking of racing again but I am not sure if this old body can still do it. I sure get fired up watching. I have days where "no problem", then there are days where "hmmm - not sure". I guess I shoot for a finish and go from there. I am still trying to get some more protection for my bike and I. It hurts more now when I fall and I don't recover by next weekend. I have a heavy work month in November and may still make it up to Munster to watch (or help).

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom