Work cycles on Forklegs

Shawn Mc

Apr 8, 2002
I was at Saddleback on Friday afternoon, and there was a guy out there on an 89 ATK 560. I think he said 560, anyway, he was going through a rythem section. He nosed in kinda hard, but not violently and the fork slider snapped off at the triple clamp! Huge wreck, to say the least. The guy broke his foot, dislocated most of the fingers on his left hand. This was a tough dude. Not only did he not go home, he sat there in the sun while his buddy rode his brand new CR450.

I have never seen anything like that before. The fork leg snapping off like that. It was a White Power fork. I looked like the bronz bushing on the damper rod was worn pretty badly. Could it have bound up and caused the break?

DEANSFASTWAY

LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 16, 2002
Who knows > those old ATKs were tough bikes just like the rider but everything has its wear limits/tolerances looks like all of his just teamed up and attacked him all at once , poor guy, Ill bet he would really kick tail if he mounted up on one of them newfangled 450s . Did you ever see Seth Enslow overjump that jump and break the steering head off that Honda or Doug Henry attempt orbit at Budds Creek ? I was there for that one and it was scary . Gotta give Henry credit though He came back and led some of the Southwick National . SUPERMAN???

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…